Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders (Official Thread)

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
waynefontana.jpg

Wiki Link

Mindbenders Wiki Link

One of the most unusual beat groups from The 60s would have to be Wayne Fontana and The Mindbenders. Fontana formed the group around 1963 and by 1965 - Wayne Fontana and The Mindbenders went their seperate ways. I believe they were very popular in the UK - having a string of hit songs - though the big hit song Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders had was perhaps "A Game of Love" in 1965. One interesting facet about the Mindbenders is it included Eric Stewart which obviously was the time before he had huge success with 10CC.

After Wayne Fontana left the The Mindbenders continued on and had another big hit in Groovy Kind of Love:

Wayne Fontana performed solo and his only big success was with Pamela Pamela in 1967:

Last edited by a moderator:

Flower

retired
Reaction score
Re: Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders

I like Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders ... I first heard "Pamela Pamela" around a year ago as it was on a compilation CD from the 60's and the song sort of grew on me.

:grinthumb

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

Interesting! For whatever reason I never associated "Groovy Kind of Love" with the Mindbenders of Wayme Fontana & the Mindbenders fame. I've always liked "The Game of Love" though.

:grinthumb

rtbuck

Reaction score

I actually seen him in concert a few years back.He was great & had a great sense of Humor. He was with the Senders, Colin Young(Foundations), & headlining was my favorite showman from the 60's...Peter Noone!!

monkeesfan1967

Reaction score

I posted those "Groovy Kind of Love" and "Game of Love" videos on youtube. lol

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score

monkeesfan1967 wrote:

Gee well that's fortunate for me I didn't pin up the other videos! :bonk:Did you do one for "Pamela, Pamela"? Be cool to have them all together if you have! :D I just love "Pamela, Pamela" and it was one of those songs I heard when I was growing up and then there was a period there I never heard it for a long time and didn't know who sang it (at first I thought it was Cliff Richard), but yeah it all worked out in the end! :D

monkeesfan1967

Reaction score

monkeesfan1967 wrote:

Gee well that's fortunate for me I didn't pin up the other videos! :bonk:Did you do one for "Pamela, Pamela"? Be cool to have them all together if you have! :D I just love "Pamela, Pamela" and it was one of those songs I heard when I was growing up and then there was a period there I never heard it for a long time and didn't know who sang it (at first I thought it was Cliff Richard), but yeah it all worked out in the end! :D
I don't have that one, but if I did, I would have posted it. Youtube has deleted a lot of my videos!:rolleyes:

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score

monkeesfan1967 wrote:

I don't have that one, but if I did, I would have posted it. Youtube has deleted a lot of my videos!:rolleyes:

Gee that sounds harsh!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online