Was Jim Morrison burned out at the time of his death?

Flower

retired
Reaction score
I guess that we'll never know if Jim Morrison wa burnt out at the time of his death. So many things could've happened.

Look at Eric Clapton (and others) who beat herion addiction. You never know ..

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Morrison went to Paris to avoid going to prison in Florida. Plain and simple.

Well the verdict of history has been pronounced. In the end all that the Florida state prosecutors managed to achieve was to make the county of Dade the butt of sneers as a synonym for backwoods fascism in the U.S.:

WANTED IN THE COUNTY OF DADE FOR LEWD AND LASCIVIOUS CONDUCT

Jim-Morrison-Photograph-C10042480.jpeg

Jim Morrison

:drums:

Last edited:

Emrock

Reaction score
Morrison went to Paris for the same reason Roman Polanski went, they don't prosecute people for what we in the US call, "sex crimes."

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score
I think he was burned out just from his chronic drug and alcohol use. He probably could've created more great musical works, but only for a short period of time before his addictions would get too out of control. A shame that in 3 short years he had completely self-destructed

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Anything's possible in terms of where he was going, he simply died from abusing his body I believe though had he not died he might have ended up like Syd Barrett from Pink Floyd which simply became impossible for him to work in the group and ended up having a shortened life.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
I think he was burned out just from his chronic drug and alcohol use. He probably could've created more great musical works, but only for a short period of time before his addictions would get too out of control. A shame that in 3 short years he had completely self-destructed.

I agree. It was truly a shame when you think of how much more Jim and the rest of the Doors could have accomplished had he kept it together.

:wa:

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
I think he was burned out just from his chronic drug and alcohol use. He probably could've created more great musical works, but only for a short period of time before his addictions would get too out of control. A shame that in 3 short years he had completely self-destructed

All the good ones die young sadly.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Jim Morrison's gravesite in Paris continues to receive a steady stream of visitors:

perelachaise.jpg
morrison_grave_0713.jpg JimMorrisonGraveSite.jpg

smileyvault-rip.gif

Last edited:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
By "burned out" I actually meant as a result of factors related to substance abuse.

Was he just too far out of it to execute in the studio by the time he died?

Maybe.. what worked for him before now became a burden.. All the trippin and hanging out in weird space never was good for him to have a grasp on reality.
I think maybe that is why we look up to some musicians who push the envelope..

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I think if he would have came out of that mind space he was in he would have continued to grow.

Sad loss to the music world.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online