Warren Zevon: King Of Halloween

algernon

Reaction score
I'm sure someone has made this connection before, but Zevon should have the crown. Tonight as I entered my loft I was drawn to him...and EXCITABLE BOY is the greatest Halloween album of all time. ROLAND THE HEADLESS THOMPSON GUNNER, WEREWOLVES OF LONDON, the title track, and the fantastic LAWYERS GUNS AND MONEY. Zevon is to Halloween what Bing Crosby is to Christmas. The sad circumstances of his demise only add to the haunting-ness.

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
roland the headless thompson gunner just rules. outright. :D

and other zevon... i've always been a sucker for...
there's a certainnn girl i been in love with a long, long time
(whats her name???)
i can't tell ya
(awwwwwwww.)

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Warren Zevon rocks!!! Excitable Boy is such a great album. Lawyers, Guns and Money is probably my favorite if I had to choose one. That song was a favorite of mine and got worn out back in the day of vinyl.

Always associated Werewolves of London with Halloween but never thought about Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner and Halloween but it is so very fitting.
:cool:

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
I agree.
I couldn't find a SINGLE Cramps tape this Halloween so I grabbed "Excitable Boy" by default.

Just for a change, instead of playing my three or four favorites, I played the whole thing for about two weeks.
It's a wonderful album.

I hated that whole Asylum records west coast laid back cocaine music trend for the most part. Zevon was the Charles Addams of the batch and I say god bless him!
Only Bobby "Boris" Pickett is a more certain artist to hear on Halloween and I think that's pretty good company. Besides, to my knowledge, Bobby "Boris" Pickett never made a wonderful album.

algernon

Reaction score
You're right, Martha. Zevon was a breath of fresh air to the "desperados under the Eaves."

Reaction score
I am days late on this topic...however , I had to comment on the late great Warren Zevon !I own many of his albums. Excitable Boy is the best! He really knows how to mix humor,politics ,and music ! His sarcastic wit is amazing! He is one of my ALL time favorites. It's a shame he's mostly only known for 'Werewolves Of London' by the general public. He HAS SUCH an interesting view of life in his music!He never much minded that he wasn't 'mainstream' music.He just played what he wanted ! I miss his charming smart-ass songs ! R.I.P Warren ! "I never shared a hot tub with David Geffin" -Warren Zevon

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online