Reaction score

Do they need a big introduction??

Jani Lane
Steven Sweet
Eric Turner
Joey Allen
Jerry Dixon

warrant.jpg

Warrant was probably one of the best hair metal bands out of the early 80's and 90's hands down. I thought these guys should have a thread all to themseleves, what with a new CD out and all. Now I know they've had a not so good experience reuniting with original singer Jani Lane and all...but c'mon...without Jani Lane where would the songs be really.
The man is a genuine talent and whether you like this kind of music or not...give it a try if your opinion is the later...or if you don't know much about the man or the band! Jani is a very under aprreciated songwriter in the topsy turvy world of hair metal. Did I mention this was hair metal? Well for those a little leary of these guys...don't be.

I'm hopin' this thread will shed a new light and will generate more love to this fine band!

Warrant1.jpg

Ready?? Let's Go Where The DOWN BOYS Go!!

Down Boys

Heaven

Big Talk

gal_hair_warrant_1.jpg

warrant.jpg

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I don't own music by these guys but i like a lot of their stuff! Very underrated band! I love this power ballad! One of the best IMO!

I Saw Red

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^^ Oh Yeah! I Saw Red!!! I mean Jani Lane has said that he hates Cherry Pie...now I like the song. Really I do. I can see where it would bug him. In his words being known as the "Cherry Pie Guy"

Pretty sad..you can see in this video how the song has stuck with him...and not in a good way. :uh:

...but there was so much better material from their second album than that song.

Like This!!

BLIND FAITH

Uncle Tom's Cabin

The first two albums are indeed pop metal masterpieces!! Dog Eat Dog (Third album would be the other)

...and wait until we start exploring tunes from that!! But here are the first two for everyone!!

697f51c88da0e589dfde0210.L.jpg

7c2de03ae7a08dc4e67f0210.L.jpg

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
OK gonna move on to a bit of Dog Eat Dog!! This album has the most metal cred IMO and produced by the great Michael Wagner!! :grinthumb

The Bitter Pill

Two of my favorites!!!

Andy Warhol Was Right

April 2031

52a351c88da0a473fff21210.L.jpg

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Good band !! I have just had a search in my record collection and shock horror..no WARRANT albums.[ the shame:blush2:] Sure ive got "cherry pie" on 12 inch. Interesting to see Jani Lane saying he regrets"cherry pie". What ?!?! ....it was/still is a glam/hair band/ metal classic !!!. He should be proud of it ! The video maybe got overplayed on MTV ....but so what? It always made me smile :):grinthumb

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I don't own music by these guys but i like a lot of their stuff! Very underrated band! I love this power ballad! One of the best IMO!

I Saw Red

Soot, some Warrant fans don't enjoy them but for you in particular, I would recommend the following more modern/alternative albums, Ultraphobic and Belly to Belly from 1995 and 1996 respectively.

Trouble is, a lot of those songs aren't on YouTube anywhere.

Quite different from their usual hair metal stuff that they did before (and after) those particular recordings.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I really think they should have stayed true to the original sound (and I like Belly To Belly) and I also think they would have survived and had been one of the long lasting bands.

Also like Iron Maiden and Eddie? They never should have canned Bucksley and kept the original 1st album logo. :grinthumb

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I liked Belly to Belly from start to finish, for the most part. My favorite tune was Fallin Down.

Only Warrant albums I had a hard time enjoying were Greatest and Latest and Under The Influence but neither of them was a real studio album anyway.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They did a really good job with their covers album

Under The Influence
220px-Warrantinflu.jpg

Suffragette City (Bowie)

Down Payment Blues (AC/DC)

Find member

Forum statistics