Warpaint (Official Thread)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
WARPAINT.....An all girl indie rock band from Los Angeles,California US with a fine ethereal style of music.Formed in 2004, things are really happening for this band with impressive reviews,festival appearances which include Glastonbury,Summer Sundae,Reading and Leeds fest.
They have recorded 2 albums.

Discography

The Fool.....2010
Warpaint....2014

Band members ; Emily Kokal...vocals/guitar/synth
Theresa Wayman....guitar/vocals/keyb/drums
Jenny Lee Lindberg...bass/vocals
Stella Mozgawa.....drums/guitar/keyb/vocals

Set your arms down/Undertow/Love is to die

Attachments

• WARPAINT.jpg
    WARPAINT.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Listened to Set Your Arms Down. Quite interesting. I like the guitar work there especially. Will have to find time to listen to the others.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Good tune Mistral !:grinthumb Im glad you like them. WARPAINT were recomended to me by an old friend I hadn't seen in years...knowing my musical taste of old.
Musically...I just love their sound. Of course it can be compared to lots of bands from the shoegaze era of the 90s [ bands like Cocteau Twins,Lush,Slowdive etc]

Heres more classic WARPAINT

Burgundy

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Good find Lou/Realm! I didn't know these ladies had a thread here! I saw this performance on a pop culture website and recently gained interest in them. I listened to the first track you posted and your most recent one and they sound good but I like the shoegaze bands like slowdive so it makes sense! :) Here's the song/performance that got my interest! :grinthumb

Elephants (Live)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
WARPAINT played a successful set at this years 2014 Glastonbury Festival .
Mesmerising as usual...:grinthumb

Keep it healthy [ at Glastonbury 2014]

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
They will play in Italy, near Milan, on the 29th August...
I'm so frustrated that I cannot be there... it's too far from where I live... and I have other things to do in that period...
I hope they will do another album and tour as soon as possible... and I will not miss them twice!

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
just to say that they're saying, in their most recent interviews, that they want to release a new album as soon as possible...
I'm so very happy about that...

uhm... I think we should add this song/masterpiece too, to this thread...

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
They're new album has been growing fast on me. Especially the fist half. Very beautiful and dreamlike, hypnotic vocals. Kind of meditative at times.

I really like the story/inspiration for this song:

“There was a fan, a fan of ours. She was 16 and she had leukaemia, and her friend reached out to us and asked if we would go to the hospital and sing her a song, so we did … we went there.

It was a really beautiful experience but really intense. Her family was there in the room with us as well, in this really intimate space. It felt like, one, we were walking into this world that we didn’t know, and two, it was tragic because she was dying and it felt like we didn’t belong there. It felt like we were intruding upon the family’s really personal, last moments with their daughter, and we were all really awkward, but then we had been asked to be there, and we were her favourite band, so we went and sung her a song.

She was kind of in a coma and she wasn’t awake, but she woke up while we were there and I remember sitting on the bed with her and she didn’t really have … her central nervous system was shutting down and she didn’t really have the motor skills … but she was definitely moving around like she knew that we were there, and she was excited — or as excited as she could be in that state — and we just kept waving to her, saying ‘Hi, hi!’

Her name was Haley, Haley Butcher, and we were waving to her, trying to get her to notice that we were there. Theresa went home that day and wrote a song about that experience and it’s called Hi.”

- Jenny Lee Lindberg

http://www.ripitup.com.au/music/article/warpaint-interview-2014

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online