The Headless Children (1989)
The Crimson Idol (1992)
Still Not Black Enough (1995)
Kill **** Die (1997)
Helldorado (1999)
Unholy Terror (2001)
Dying for the World (2002)
The Neon God: Part 1 – The Rise (2004)
The Neon God: Part 2 – The Demise (2004)
Dominator (2007)
Babylon (2009)

Current Members

Blackie Lawless
Doug Blair
Mike Duda
Mike Dupke

A American heavy metal band formed in 1982. They emerged from the same Los Angeles scene that spawned Mötley Crüe, Ratt, Quiet Riot and others. The band's popularity peaked in the 1980s, yet they continue to record and tour, making them one of the most beloved of the West Coast heavy metal bands. W.A.S.P. gained attention for their shock rock themed image, lyrics and live performances (as well as the killer music). They have sold over 12 million albums.

These cats were one and are one of the more fun bands to come out of the L.A. scene and still going. I remember meeting them and I have the first album signed by all the band members!!

WASP%20pic.JPG

9f82810ae7a01325e7580210.L.jpg

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Re: THE Official W.A.S.P.

The story of my first WASP concert experience. The first time that I saw these guys was at First Avenue, downtown Minneapolis back in 1984 (or '85). Opening band? Metallica.

And for any Prince fans out there, yes, the same place that was the center stage for much of the concert footage in the movie Purple Rain

First_Avenue_nightclub.jpg

Big big fan of most of the stuff WASP has ever done. I became a fan the first time I heard Animal (F**K Like A Beast) at my friend's house. Must have listened to that EP as well as their self-titled album just about everyday for months. When the Last Command came out, I was a bonified WASP fan for life. I know some people don't find it to be their best work, and technically maybe it is or isn't ... but it has long since been one of my favorite albums of the decade and of the genre.

Lynch

Reaction score

These cats were one and are one of the more fun bands to come out of the L.A. scene and still going. I remember meeting them and I have the first album signed by all the band members!!

That's awesome man! Somewhere I still have the picture disc of their first EP (the one with Animal on it). It was one of those cutout ones rather than a typical round picture disk. Looked almost just like the EP with the buzzsaw codpiece on it:

8vus83.jpg

Never got to meet any of those guys, but I bet it would have been a blast, especially in the earlier years when Chris Holmes was still with the band

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Dude Holmes was all...just sitting there with one leg propped up...all hunched and layed back....cig hanging from his mouth.

He looked like he was bouncing back from a hard night :heheh:

It was awesome...Blackie was pretty normal!

That's pretty cool you got to see them play where Purple Rain was filmed! That's awesome!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

The stuff by W.A.S.P. that I like, I really like and the stuff by them that is kinda...eh...is very eh.

rtbuck

Reaction score

I'm a big fan of WASP I have all of their early albums & I have the "Animal" EP on gold vinyl. I really liked Inside the Electric Circus especially their cover of "I Don't Need No Dr."
My favorite remembrance of their music was back in the late 80's right after I got their brand new 'Live in the Raw' album. My friend & I kept cruising down the Elmwood Strip in Buffalo, NY(back then it was a happening little strip of plenty of bars,strange shops,fast food places, & the great Home of the Hits record store) cranking out "Suck Me Suck Me Eat me Raw!!! This is "Harder Faster"!!!!!!"

By the way there is always that little tale of Blackie being a member of the NY Dolls which he was...for 2 shows in Florida after Johnny Thunders & Jerry Nolan quit the band &they got Lawless & another local musician to fill in. Back in the early 80's I came across an import(from France I believe) called 'Sons of the Dolls'. This was a small collection from different singles that were released by various Dolls after they split up & one band called the Killer Kane Band named after Dolls bassist Arthur "Killer" Kane had 3 songs on the album & playing guitar & singing was none other than Blackie Goozeman(Lawless). The songs weren't the greatest but this is a cool album to have. I was surprised to find one on you tube but I just did & here it is...Killer Kane w/ Blackie!!:

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

I'm not a big fan of these guys either. I like just two of their songs, so the only thing I can really add to the thread are these from my older sister's junior high and high school yearbooks:

chris1.jpg
chris2.jpg

:heheh:

Lynch

Reaction score

One of the coolest tunes they ever did...

Chainsaw Charlie / Murders in the New Morgue

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online