Vocal Ability: Paul McCartney vs. Freddie Mercury

well?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
All I know is I'd rather listen to Dylan then Freddie Mercury.

Who's better? - that's a matter of opinion. ;)

:cheers2

So would I at times. There are times when Queen's bombast gets on my nerves. Other times I like them. But Mercury's voice is better than Dylan's just as an instrument.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Still haven't heard any amazing vocals by Freddie Mercury from the samples posted.

:confused:

Just Queen fans hyping up his vocals - with no great proof to back it up.

Or anything to make me change my mind.

I know Queen's music, especially their 70's stuff - that's why I don't like Queen. :)

I was expecting some AMAZING samples - but just heard a lot of hype.

And R. Evans , I was talking about ''Bohemian Rhapsody'' - both the lyrics and vocals are horrible.

It's like finger nails on a chalkboard.

Sure, Mercury had talent - just nothing extraordinary.

Also, nice to see the love for Paul Rodgers - good ear. :grinthumb

Cheers to the people who looked past the *hype* and voted for McCartney.

Well the reason you're not impressed with anything is Freddie Mercury related Groovy is because your mind was made up a long time ago that you don't like vocalists like Freddie. As if any example was going to change your mind on Mr. Mercury. :D

I mean, as someone who is so rooted in blues how receptive would you really be towards a singer who is heavily inspired by opera? :heheh:

And as far as the hype goes though.....Freddie isn't any more over hyped than Paul is for being in the Beatles. If Queen can get flack for a goofy song like "Fat Bottomed Girls" then The Beatles can get just as much for silly songs like "Why Don't We Do It In The Road?". :heheh:

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Well the reason you're not impressed with anything is Freddie Mercury related Groovy is because your mind was made up a long time ago that you don't like vocalists like Freddie. As if any example was going to change your mind on Mr. Mercury.

So, really...you *think* you got me figured out? :D

Well, you're wrong.

Freddie isn't any more over hyped than Paul is for being in the Beatles. If Queen can get flack for a goofy song like "Fat Bottomed Girls" then The Beatles can get just as much for silly songs like "Why Don't We Do It In The Road?":heheh:

"Why Don't We Do It In The Road?" wasn't even The Beatles biggest song, or most famous song, or even near it...

Meanwhile, '' "Fat Bottomed Girls" was one of Queen's biggest hits...

Anyway, you're putting words in my mouth - I never said "Fat Bottomed Girls" was a silly or goofy song - I said if this is an example of Freddie so called ''great voice'' - I'm not impressed at all. ''Octive scale without dropping into a falsetto'' and all.:heheh:

And Paul McCartney hyped for being in The Beatles?...

Yeah, ok.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^^

I don't see Queen fans posting alot of hype.

No one is trying to trick anyone into liking Freddie. He's a great singer that you don't like.

:grinthumb

Mr. T

Reaction score
Absolutely F'N amazing... I have sat here and just read through 9 pages worth of what is possibly the most asinine thread I've ever read on any board in my life.

I mean seriously folks, comparing Paul and Freddie is like comparing a Hyundai and a Porsche... you can't. I'm not saying either is better than the other. What I am saying is they are SOOOO different they can not be compared on ANY meaningful level to start with. There is absolutely no common denominator here.

The bands they come from can't even be compared on any meaningful level they are so different. An apple is an apple and an orange is an orange... both taste good... just enjoy them. Sheeeeez....

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
^^^

No one is trying to trick anyone into liking Freddie. He's a great singer that you don't like.

Agreed. You really don't see a lot of Queen fans hyping Freddie's voice. It can stand alone as great without anyone having to point that out. The critics and fans enjoy it, so he did something right. :grinthumb

Absolutely F'N amazing... I have sat here and just read through 9 pages worth of what is possibly the most asinine thread I've ever read on any board in my life.

I mean seriously folks, comparing Paul and Freddie is like comparing a Hyundai and a Porsche... you can't. I'm not saying either is better than the other. What I am saying is they are SOOOO different they can not be compared on ANY meaningful level to start with. There is absolutely no common denominator here.

The bands they come from can't even be compared on any meaningful level they are so different. An apple is an apple and an orange is an orange... both taste good... just enjoy them. Sheeeeez....

THANK YOU! Why were these two even compared in the first place? Freddie was totally unique and theatrical and dynamic and I can't think of a single "rock" singer who is even similar to him!

But guys, there's no use in arguing, otherwise I can see this thread going on for an eternity. Seems when Freddie is in the discussion, there's always going to be controversy. :bonk:

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
^^^

Hyped up vocals examples...like the videos you posted.

This thread is getting to the point of knit-picking.

And ''No one is trying to trick anyone into liking Freddie''?

huh?...no one was saying that?

This is getting silly.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Hyped up vocals examples...like the videos you posted.

This thread is getting to the point of knit-picking.

And ''No one is trying to trick anyone into liking Freddie''?

huh?...no one was saying that?

This is getting silly.

Posting cool tunes is not hype. :heheh: Hype is a form of trickery to make a buying public like something that really isn't all that great.

The only thing silly about all this is you don't like Freddie (and opinions are not silly anyway) ...I voted Paul...sure...but Freddie kicks ass. But at the end of the day it's only my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online