Vocal Ability: Paul McCartney vs. Freddie Mercury

well?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
First off..Freddie was way more qualified to sing a complete octive scale without dropping into a falsetto..
And no dig on Groovy man for being a hater from way back about Queen.. But this is just another clash of the Titans and the really far out judgement is Freddie being gay or flamboyant.. But lets not judge him on that and lets look at his ability to actually sing..
I did a big time poll a few years ago and put up the top 50 frontmen from Roger to Mick to Paul.. to Roger to Freddie and a whole bunch who after reading weeks on end on a forum who everybody thought was the best frontman.. Freddie won..
I dug into a few Queen albums today and I didn't care if Freddie dawned a Tu Tu or just sang the song the way it was meant to be..
He was the shit for Queen..
Paul for the Beatles was OK.. His solo stuff showed more of his ability to write.. So breaking away from the Beatles gave Paul the chance to **** around.. Wings was sad.. Totally commercial..
Queen being opera rock.. Paul's style is nothing more than landscape..
Fit the grid when you have nothing left but your status to hold your tunesas chart toppers..
On that note..

Get on your bikes and ride you Paul McCarthy Fat Bottom Bitches!!!:oyea:

fielding

Reaction score
When I first heard Queen, I was blown away by Mercury's voice. Gets my vote...

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
First off..Freddie was way more qualified to sing a complete octive scale without dropping into a falsetto..
And no dig on Groovy man for being a hater from way back about Queen.. But this is just another clash of the Titans and the really far out judgement is Freddie being gay or flamboyant.. But lets not judge him on that and lets look at his ability to actually sing..
I did a big time poll a few years ago and put up the top 50 frontmen from Roger to Mick to Paul.. to Roger to Freddie and a whole bunch who after reading weeks on end on a forum who everybody thought was the best frontman.. Freddie won..
I dug into a few Queen albums today and I didn't care if Freddie dawned a Tu Tu or just sang the song the way it was meant to be..
He was the shit for Queen..
Paul for the Beatles was OK.. His solo stuff showed more of his ability to write.. So breaking away from the Beatles gave Paul the chance to **** around.. Wings was sad.. Totally commercial..
Queen being opera rock.. Paul's style is nothing more than landscape..
Fit the grid when you have nothing left but your status to hold your tunesas chart toppers..
On that note..

Get on your bikes and ride you Paul McCarthy Fat Bottom Bitches!!!:oyea:

Dude, don't bring up the gay issue. Don't try and smokescreen the issue.

I've heard Freddie Mercury sing before. And unless I'm missing something - I don't hear nothing outstanding.

If ''Fat Bottom Girls'' is your example of Freddie great voice - I'm not impressed at all. ''Octive scale without dropping into a falsetto'' and all.

Plus anyway, from what I remember, Slip...you were never big on the Beatles, anyway. So no surprise you went with Freddie Boy.

And old polls from other forums don't really mean too much....because on that same forum, there was a poll once , where Ringo Starr won best drummer.

So, with all due respect to Ringo, whom I love - is Ringo the best drummer because he won a poll on an internet music forum? - the answer is no.

Last edited:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Ok so I am obviously biased in favor of Freddie but it's a poll about vocal ability and not simply favoritism. Both Paul and Freddie are/were great studio performers and had outstanding tone however Freddie had the more powerful voice, wider ranger, and sounded better live so that gives him a substantial edge.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Sorry Freddie I love ya and you got a helluva set of pipes...but I'm giving it to McCartney for range, tone control as well as expression.

Macca is an underrated vocalist for sure. :grinthumb

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
I'll judge this on their voices. Not one's sexualiy because bringing that into this is just being an asshole.
Both bands are overrated I like more Beatles songs than Queen songs, but that being said Mercury has the better voice.

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
Dude, don't bring up the gay issue. Don't try and smokescreen the issue.

I've heard Freddie Mercury sing before. And unless I'm missing something - I don't hear nothing outstanding.

If ''Fat Bottom Girls'' is your example of Freddie great voice - I'm not impressed at all. ''Octive scale without dropping into a falsetto'' and all.

Plus anyway, from what I remember, Slip...you were never big on the Beatles, anyway. So no surprise you went with Freddie Boy.

And old polls from other forums don't really mean too much....because on that same forum, there was a poll once , where Ringo Starr won best drummer.

So, with all due respect to Ringo, whom I love - is Ringo the best drummer because he won a poll on an internet music forum? - the answer is no.

Don't get too worked up about it- Queen fans always go to the gay issue whenever someone disagrees that Freddie Mercury isn't the best singer ever. I tend to ignore it. :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online