Vocal Ability: Paul McCartney vs. Freddie Mercury

well?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
I think some people may sell Freddie short in this poll just because Paul was in the Beatles (aka the "best band ever")

Not really, isn't Freddie suppposed to be the ''best singer ever''?...

Well, according to Queen fans anyway? ;)

Don't worry, The Beatles backlash votes are coming...some people love to hate anything Beatles related.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I picked Paul simply because I like his voice more than Freddies, but not by a large margin.

Freddie Mercury puts Paul McCartney to shame when he took the stage, nobody cared about anything but the concert at that point. To take anything away from his stage presence which is legendary is just plain wrong to me, it is what made Queen one of the most successful live acts of their time.

I voted Paul for the reasons I already stated, but I could vote for Freddie with no shame either. Both are excellent and it will be some time till we see their likes again in rock music.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Two completely different kinds of vocalists, Ian Gillan is one of my all time favorite hard rock metal singers...has great range but he's not part of TB's thread.

Pick either Freddie or Paul we seem to have enough grist for the mill with just them in this thread.

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
I knew one of you wouldn't be able to resist. :heheh:

I never said ole Percy was as gifted as singer as Freddie. I even said Freddie was the better singer and leagues ahead of anyone else in rock. But I HAVE seen, on various occasions, the comparison between Robert and Freddie in terms of basic vocal power. But I don't look at LZ through rose-colored glasses just because I'm a big fan. I realize they sucked live starting around '74 when it was rumored that Plant had vocal surgery after Houses of the Holy and Jimmy was putting God knows what into his body. But you look on just about any top rock vocalists list and Robert AND Freddie are always near the top, with Freddie soaring high above pretty much anyone. He's a polarizing character but you can't deny the man has talent. :grinthumb Oh, and LZ still was a killer live act if not just for their music and much less Robert's voice beginning to falter. :)

Also, I think some people may sell Freddie short in this poll just because Paul was in the Beatles (aka the "best band ever")

...or because people like Paul's voice better?....

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Two completely different kinds of vocalists, Ian Gillan is one of my all time favorite hard rock metal singers...has great range but he's not part of TB's thread.

Pick either Freddie or Paul we seem to have enough grist for the mill with just them in this thread.

Sadly he's not. If he was I would vote for him, but since we have Paul and Freddie in here I call it draw as I don't like them... equally.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Then that's fine, there is no third option Nolo, and I just want to keep this thread on track we already have enough going on with just the two of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online