Register to remove these ads

Visible Wind

Discussion in 'Progressive Rock' started by JakeMM626, May 9, 2010.

1. JakeMM626

JakeMM626 Member

This is an amazing Prog group from the late 80s and 90s out of Quebec, Canada. Starting in 1983 with Stephen Geysens, The band went through several lead singers including Benoit David (the current singer for Yes) until they found Christopher Wells. Wells is featured on lead vocals on their 1988 debut "Catharsis" but was replaced by Geysens for all consecutive releases. Regarded as "The Dream Theater of Canada," Visible Wind released three successful albums in Canada in the early 90s, but when the label ran into trouble, it soon collapsed and took Visible Wind along with it. The band would reconvene for two more releases and several Prog festivals around North America, but remains on hiatus at this point.

Geysens is a personal friend of mine and a major influence on my music. If you get a chance, check out some of these videos of the band and give them a listen. If you like Prog, you will dig this band.

2. Gabble Ratchet

Gabble Ratchet Senior Member

I do very much like Emergence, the first two songs unfortunately didn't do much for my ears but that third one has really impressed me! I'll definitely have to look into some more of their songs, if there's anything like Emergence then I'll be more than happy! :grinthumb

3. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

Which album would you highly recommend?

I do like the videos you posted, so I would like to explore them a bit more.

4. JakeMM626

JakeMM626 Member

I recommend Catharsis if you can find it. But you can find their 1991 and 1996 releases "A Moment Beyond Time" and "Narcissus Goes to the Moon" respectively. I think those two are the best with preference to Narcissus Goes to the Moon as my all time favorite.

"Was he afraid to get stranded?!":peek