Vinnie Vincent Invasion

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Although I was never really any sort of hard core fan of Vinny Vincent and his genre,I've ALWAYS held the utmost respect for this brand of performance art.These guys all worked really,really hard doing the things they did in all of its musical and theatrical glories.Did Vincent wind up with KISS for a while in the '80's?

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Vinnie unofficially played on about half of the tracks on Creatures of the Night (1982) and did dress up in makeup to tour with the band in support of that album. Officially, he was on the Lick It Up album (1983), however from everything I have read, he was nothing more than a hired hand and was never truly a "member" of KISS. He was released from his contract at the end of the Lick It Up tour in early 1984 due to his erratic behavior and rebelious attitude to ward the band on stage.

Oddly enough, he did have some songwriting credits on the Revenge album (1992). Aparantly Vinne came to the band and apologized for his behavior during his time with the band and they ended up cutting 3 songs on Revenge with Vinnie receiving partial songwriting credits.

*shrug*

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I think it was that he never signed the contract...he was holding out for a gross percentage and was never officially an "employee" of Paul & Gene

Lynch

Reaction score
I've said it many times in the past and I still stick by this comment.... Vinnie Vincent ... dude had million dollar talent with a 10 cent head. He made more bad choices, said the wrong thing to the wrong people more times than he could remember. Lied to fans, record companies, producers, press. He was VERY full of himself. It's too bad he wasn't humble rather than a narcissistic egomaniac.

There's no question, he left his mark in the music business during his short time of being in the spotlight, unfortunately for him, there's a much wider and longer skid mark next to that musical mark.

Lynch

Reaction score
Did anyone see any of the footage from the KISS Expo in Atlanta earlier this year (January I think)?

This is the current Vinnie Vincent.

iss-expo-video-of-full-session-now-streaming-image.jpg

vinnievincentjan2018soloexpo2_638.jpg

Not sure if there is a transition thing going on here. It wasn't brought up in any way that I saw during his 45+ minute appearance, however, there has been quite a bit of speculation on the web since that day. Eddie Trunk also addressed it to an extent on his show a few days later. At the very least, if you are a KISS fan or a VV fan, it's interesting stuff.

Pat Catalano

Reaction score
I have been following this. Sounds like his side of the story is nothing like what we heard about all these years. There is always 2 sides then the truth I suppose. But from what I hear he is back and is getting new music ready. This will be interesting!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online