Vinnie Vincent Invasion

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
The dude with the "big guns" is Bob Rock their drummer...he went on to play drums in Nelson. :grinthumb

rtbuck

Reaction score
Man...Here it was 5:15 AM the cats visit my side of the bed because they know I'll get up at this hour to feed them. So I stumble downstairs,feed the cats, & go over to the computer. I go to the forum here & notice ...a Vinnie Vincent thread!!!! I'm a huge Kiss fan so of course I'm a fan of the Vinnie Vincent Invasion & I have the 2 albums & the 'Euphoria' ep. So to get me in the mood here I go to my Itunes where I have everything stored & I pull up all the Vinnie tunes & hit shuffle(Still trying to focus early in the morning)...

..."SHE'S THE KIND OF GIRL THAT I LOVE TO LOOOWWVE!!!!"

"AHHHHHH!!!!" I scream out with my head spinning from Slaughter's Vocals this early in the morning!!! I reach to go to the next song and it's... "Twisted" from the first album & Fleishman's voice pierces right through me!!! I hit stop & decide to go back to bed!! (Too early for me!)

...It could've been worse I could've put on the first 2 minutes of Fast as a Shark by Accept!

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I really really liked that first Invasion album. The second wasn't as good as the first, but still enjoyed it. There wasn't much on the debut that I didn't like.

Vinnie is a really hard guy to figure out. The guy had an assload of talent as a guitarist and just didn't seem to understand how the music business worked, or maybe was just so full of himself, that it made him nearly impossible to work with (something I've seen/read/heard a number of people say about him over the years). I was actually watching a Vinnie guitar tutorial video just the other day and it's amazing how much guitar talent this guy had. He wasn't just some shredder-type player that we saw so much of in the 80's. He had a very unique playing style as well as an almost odd picking style. He took pieces of rock and country and put them together in his playing, although you wouldn't know there was any country influence in the sound, seeing him actually pick, it's obvious as hell.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I"m pretty sure that Fleischman only did vocals on the S/T debut from VVI, Mark Slaughter was the vocalist on the second album, All Systems Go

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Euphoria is from 1996, when Vinnie was trying a comeback.

Info here as well as on wikipedia or any number of other places.

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
I was a big fan of Vinnie Vincent Invasion. Seen them live in 1988 opening for Iron Maiden. Here's a couple of my favourite tracks

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online