Velvet Revolver

slash7

Reaction score
What is your opinion about Velvet Revolver? I think is a new supergroup. Slash one of the best guitarists, Duff a person who has a lot of experience he joined GNR for many years, Matt a very good drummer in my opinion he has a lot of experience, Dave he is good but he is behind of Slash's shadow it s logical, now for Scott i believe he is good but litlle bit crazy and *******.
Their cd named 'Contraband' i think is good with nice riffs, generally very good!

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Velvet Revolver is really just GNR with STP's lead singer. LOL

They're definitely pretty good. I just don't think it's a supergroup.

Loved Contraband.

slash7

Reaction score
You ve right. The word supergroup is not the one that characterised them. But all of them are great artists, famous, with great history.

Jake

Banned
Reaction score
Music Wench said:
Velvet Revolver is really just GNR with STP's lead singer. LOL

They're definitely pretty good. I just don't think it's a supergroup.

Loved Contraband.

Now this I agree with 100%. I think they kick butt, but, I don't think of them as a super group because of what MW said.

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
I'd see the band when they come to Vancouver next; not saying I really really love 'em; but it's nice to have hard riff-rock back again from these particular guys.
Too bad; Axl...you really missed the boat this time; good luck with your cover band!
LOL!!!!!

newdawnfades

Reaction score
I see the Revolver quite similar to Audioslave. They are a good group, but the 'edge' that make GNR or even STP stimulating is lacking. Whenever members from great groups like GNR, STP, Soundgarden, and Rage combine the expectations can be quite high, and it's not surprising when they don't quite meet them. I still like some of their music though.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
I actually think the GNR contingent with Scott Weiland does sound better because I prefer his vocals to Axl's. Axl was kind of grating sometimes. Scott's voice is preferable to me. Wonder if they ever do GNR or STP songs in concert?

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
True, I like Weiland's voice a lot better with STP. Still, in comparison to Axl, he's great. :D Just my personal preference for his voice I guess. Axl had a way of grating on my nerves. I loved GNR despite that but mostly I liked GNR for the music, not the vocals, which is kind of backwards with me.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online