Van Halen vs. Yngwie Malmsteen

Van Halen vs. Yngwie Malmsteen

• Total voters

Rocker440

Reaction score
Of these two debut albums, which one made the bigger initial impression upon you?

51Nd8Sa2fFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Van Halen - Van Halen

or

6369b340dca01e307cf96010.L._AA300_.jpg
Yngwie Malmsteen's - Rising Force

Rocker440

Reaction score
I like both of these terrific albums, and they do feature fantastic guitarists, as well as songs, music and performances, imo!

I'm voting for Van Halen's debut! :grinthumb I remember when it was first released and upon hearing it for the first time I was greatly impressed and also liked the flow of the album as it proceeded! There are many great songs on it, and also Rising Force, too! :tup:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I love the first Yngwie album...there are sooo many beautiful moments on it. One in particular is Icarus' Dream Suite :grinthumb

How cool is that song and sooo hard to beat. Since I voted against Van Halen in the last poll I will give them some love here. I had ordered my first copy of this album through Columbia House and I was...oh ...like 14??

Was thrilled to have the album cover in my hands for real...that cover just REEKED rock and roll....and the songs???

I think I spun it three times in a row when I got my first copy. Van Halen it is. :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Van Halen's debut is one of the absolute epitomes of a debut album, hard rock, and music in general for me. A slice of hard rock heaven that Yngwie just can't compete with, even if "Rising Force" is a really good album in it's own right.

joe

Reaction score
Van Halen's debut is one of the absolute epitomes of a debut album, hard rock, and music in general for me. An slice of hard rock heaven that Yngwie just can't compete with, even if "Rising Force" is a really good album in it's own right.

I remember the release of thier s/t album as it was yesterday. Grade 8. Brought it to the first big party of my high school days. The album spun all night. Good times.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Van Halen's debut is one of the absolute epitomes of a debut album, hard rock, and music in general for me. A slice of hard rock heaven that Yngwie just can't compete with, even if "Rising Force" is a really good album in it's own right.

Yeah that about sums it up...voting VH here doesn't take away from Yngwie's masterpiece at all...but c'mon it's Van Halen's debut!! :grinthumb

I remember the release of thier s/t album as it was yesterday. Grade 8. Brought it to the first big party of my high school days. The album spun all night. Good times.

That's what is sooo great about an album like this...alot of us remember where we were and what we were doing when we got it.

As well as the music kicking butt!! :cheers2

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online