Who's better?

• Van Halen

Votes: 37 75.5%
  • Adele

Votes: 12 24.5%

• Total voters

CLASIKROKR

Reaction score
OK, Riff Raff, ILJP, WHO IS ADELE, OR AM I JUST TOO DAMN OLD, I'M TWICE YOUR AGES, IS IT A GROUP I SHOULD BE CHECKING OUT?

OK, I JUST YOUTUBED HER, WHAT A LETDOWN, THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE SOMETHING WORTH LISTENING, WAS I WRONG!!!

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldn't know, I have heard of her but not actually heard her music.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Oh my. Let's not yell. She's a British singer who has done considerably well in her work the past year especially. She may not be legendary as of yet like Van Halen but she is at the top of the pack right now in the music world and a very talented lady. :grinthumb

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
VH. We have a long history together.

Adele isn't bad, though. I borrowed my son's cd and played for a couple days. I couldn't really absorb it.

She does a pretty cool cover of The Cure's Lovesong

CLASIKROKR

Reaction score
Oh my. Let's not yell. She's a British singer who has done considerably well in her work the past year especially. She may not be legendary as of yet like Van Halen but she is at the top of the pack right now in the music world and a very talented lady. :grinthumb

LOL, Not yelling just too lazy to hit the caps on and of again, crappy typer!!

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh yeah, putting Van Halen against Adele on this forum is fair. Stacking up 30+ year legacy against a newcomer is fair too. You know what, I like Van Halen more but I'm going to vote for Adele anyway just as a **** you to this poll in the first place. ;)
Was posted awhile ago but worth quoting to say I concur. I don't see what purpose this comparison really has, there actually is nothing to compare. Totally different ends of the spectrum. Comparing a newcomer to Van Halen is ludicrous.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Totally different ends of the spectrum.

I thought this as well. How can you vote for two artists that are so far apart?

But you know what? It's actually an interesting idea. It's a generational thing.

That's the only logical explanation for the 11 votes Adele has, going up against a classic rock institution.

Anyway, that's how I figure it.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
I'm suddenly having reservations about a planned poll I had between Tupac and Fats Domino. :wtf:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I thought this as well. How can you vote for two artists that are so far apart?

But you know what? It's actually an interesting idea. It's a generational thing.

That's the only logical explanation for the 11 votes Adele has, going up against a classic rock institution.

Anyway, that's how I figure it.

I'm suddenly having reservations about a planned poll I had between Tupac and Fats Domino. :wtf:

Vehicle, it could be from so many different tangents. It could be for music or rock fans that prefer vocals as a driving force in music over guitar solos. I love rock but I, and not necessarily in reference to Van Halen, dislike long winded masturbating of the guitar solos. I prefer structured songs and for me whether it be jammy rock, progressive rock or glam metal I just think they just riff for the sake of riffing at times. This is why I prefer Van Hagar as the songs were more powerful and focused IMO. For me it's not a generation thing because I don't go by era but even as a new artist Adele would satisfy what I like more and she's not my favorite post 2,000 artist by miles. That, and this is another tangent for voting, I love piano melodies within or outside of rock more than guitar. Just so many reasons besides what I grew up with. Hell, Adele isn't my generation either. At my peak age I had Grunge. Still love it but moved on from it. Just food for thought! :)

Phil, do it! :heheh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online