Vader (Official Thread)

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Listened to Black to the Blind a couple of times today..wow I had forgetten how truely awesome it really is. It's gonna take a while to decide on my favorites haha.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Vader is one of my favorite death metal bands...did ya guess that already haha...but anyway was listening to the new one a lot the last few days. Thus my user name. The new one Is awesome. Gonna play it again right now.

I was wondering about that when you first signed up, but forgot to ask. As I said above, I don't listen to much extreme metal anymore, especially not new releases, but I still love Vader and buy every release blindly without hesitation! Although RR mentioned some classics and those are often closer to our hearts for various reasons, I actually think Vader has gotten better and better over the years, partly due to better productions. One of my favourite Vader releases is "XXV" with re-recordings, giving some of the old songs the sound they deserve!

Vader

Reaction score
I have quite a few of their cds mostly older classic peroid as u call it. But I do have the newest one ( forget the name off hand) Welcome to the Morbid Reich and Necropolis. All of which I really like but have not listened to much of it for years. Definitely taking a walk down memory lane as I don't listen to Death Metal as often as I used to. But still really enjoy it when I do.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Production definitely did get better especially on Welcome to the Morbid Reich. That album packs some pretty awesome riffs too.

Vader

Reaction score
Yeah, the production is none too sharp on Reborn in Chaos thats for sure. Still really like it a lot though.

Vader

Reaction score
bsi_vader14.gif

Heres the next one up in my walkman. Yep, headphones while my girls listenIng to some old Mazzy Star. I think she believes that u and this site are a bad influence on me Riff Raff. :D
It's atually probably the other way round....love Black to the Blind that is just awesomely brutal, thrashy, old school Death Metal goodness. Reborn in Chaos is also fun but suffers from being just demo quality. Both raw and energetic it's a worthy listen regardless. Let u know how I rate UI
after a refresher course...damn it's been awhile.

Vader

Reaction score
WOW. My ears are melted and my head ablaze w/ sulfur and hell fire haha And I thought Black to the Blind was awesome. The Ultimate Incantation is nothing short of amazing! Defintely happy I decided to revisit my Death Metal collection. Vader is even more bad ass with age. Defintely listening to this one a few more times before moving on.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Ultimate Incantation is a classic for sure. Great way for Vader to really start making their mark. Originally started out as a thrash metal band I read in a book. Hard to pick out massive favourites of the band as each album has been solid in its own way but for me probably Litany and the début album The Ultimate Incantation just stand out a bit.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
14079503_1095608940531624_893204073677101168_n.jpg

Artwork for the upcoming album The Empire. Looks killer.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online