Vader and Riff Raff's Metal discussion (with occasional outside interference!)

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Been working graveyard off and on ...blab blab....the point is I'm up all night a lot while not working. I've been trying to find some of my CDs because I moved about 2 1/2 months ago.I basically moved them in storing them anywhere I could find room. Been going through them I can't find certain things like my Razor and Dismember etc... kinda pissed !!!!
I know they have to be here some where but ..
Frustrating. ..

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just seen Lich King last night with Aussie Thrash band Hidden Intent. These guys put on a hell of a show. I'm knackered from headbanging to kick arse thrash. lol

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Was wandering around Youtube a little bit ago and came across a song by Arch Enemy. I have heard of the band but I'm not sure that I've ever heard them before this. I definitely think that I would have remembered a hot blonde chick as the lead singer....

Arch Enemy - The Eagle Flies Alone

The start of the music grabbed me almost instantly. Really like the music, the beat, the groove to it. Enjoyable all the way around. And then the singing starts around the 1 minute mark and I was completely thrown aback as I was not expecting death metal -type vocals. (maybe I have the wrong subgenre there, I'm no expert in this area). Immediately this confused me. The sounded like some form of melodic metal, I was expecting some symphonic element to kick in at some point. But those vocals? Is this melodic death metal? Is there such a thing?

Anyway, I ended up with that same old feeling that I've felt many other times in the past regarding some of the harder metal (by my standards) in that I could listen to the music all day long, but the moment the screamo/cookie monster vocals start up, I have a hard time sticking with it. Cannibal Corpse / Six Feet Under is another perfect example of this, for me. The band is tight, sounds great, but when the guy with the mic opens his mouth, its almost an immediate turn-off.

I'm not ripping on anyone that likes it, hell, I listen to some shit that I know no one else here likes. So that's not it. I just can't find enjoyment out of it. I REALLY wish that I could because the music in this and other similar sub genres of metal is ******* incredible.

ok, that's all I had to say. By the way, I'm still confused by the melodic metal sound. If there really is such a thing as melodic death metal, I had no idea.

:heheh:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep they are pretty much under a sub-genre of Melodic Death Metal. There did used to be a blonde woman (Angela Gossow ) in Arch Enemy but has since around 2014 stepped down from singing.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol My wallet has taken a hit with new Korpiklaani, Pig Destroyer, Krisiun albums pre-ordered. Next week new Deicide and Grave Digger.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.