Vader and Riff Raff's Metal discussion (with occasional outside interference!)

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Well they are were a thrash band...if Yes starts playing watered down prog pop ( which they have ) I'm not interested in that either.if the Beatles had put out two country albums Im sure their would have been a backlash as well....I mean experimentation is one thing but changing your entire style is another. They have the right sure but dont expect the old fans to be happy about it.

Vader

Reaction score
So I was wonderIng if anybody...
Lke theres anyone but me and Riff Raff talking here lol...else is into some of the newer age of thrash.

I kind of picky with the stuff but do really dig Vektor, Skeletonwith and Warbringer. These 3 bands are bringing there own thing to thrash as opposed to just rehashing Slayer ect. What da u think @Riff Raff?

Vader

Reaction score
Man, really diggin last years KATAKLYSM release Waiting For The End To Come. Awesomel death with melodic over tones.

55ee1e1d0d52fccb3fac9f641caf2738.jpg

Pappy

Reaction score
Lke theres anyone but me and Riff Raff talking here lol...else is into some of the newer age of thrash.

I kind of picky with the stuff but do really dig Vektor, Skeletonwith and Warbringer. These 3 bands are bringing there own thing to thrash as opposed to just rehashing Slayer ect. What da u think @Riff Raff?

Some of the old guard of thrash has released some amazing stuff in the last few years. Testament, Overkill, Megadeth was on the right track then kinda fell off, Kreator, Onslaught, list goes on. The stuff these bands are releasing sounds fresh.

Vader

Reaction score
Some of the old guard of thrash has released some amazing stuff in the last few years. Testament, Overkill, Megadeth was on the right track then kinda fell off, Kreator, Onslaught, list goes on. The stuff these bands are releasing sounds fresh.

Oh yeah, I totally agree with that.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So glad to have the new Cannibal Corpse album. They sound energetic as hell. Its refreshing to have these guys still cranking out good consistent death metal but they know how to add groove and a doomy style slow tempo to their songs.

Vader

Reaction score
So glad to have the new Cannibal Corpse album. They sound energetic as hell. Its refreshing to have these guys still cranking out good consistent death metal but they know how to add groove and a doomy style slow tempo to their songs.

I'm going to get around to checking that out pretty soon.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Not heard Vektor but Skeletonwitch and Warbringer are great. Same with bands like Suicidal Angels and Havok.

Vader

Reaction score
Not heard Vektor but Skeletonwitch and Warbringer are great. Same with bands like Suicidal Angels and Havok.

I really like Suicidal Angels a lot too...cool that you like those bands :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol Love the thread title.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka