Vader and Riff Raff's Metal discussion (with occasional outside interference!)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Been having a serious bout of insomnia here of late so back up and I checked out The Ocean...dude that is some seriously cool stuff.Sorta Mastodon meets Pink Floyd thing going on...you should check out Mastodon Once More Round The Sun...you should dig that I'm pretty sure

O.K., gave this a first run and it went down well! There was some cool surprise moments that I don't typically here with Metal bands. i will listen more and bring more of a detailed opinion later but thanks for the rec man! :grinthumb

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
@Soot and Stars
Yeah I thought you might like that as a lot of the timing switches and structures are similar to The Oceans music. Hear a bit of a Mastodon influence in their music. Glad you like ..cheers.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When the only shit album this year for me is the new In Flames I'd say its been pretty decent for metal. My top albums so far.
1. Cannibal Corpse - A Skeletal Domain
2. Opeth - Pale Communion
3. Behemoth - The Satanist
4. Judas Priest - Redeemer of Souls
5. Overkill - White Devil Armory
6. Vader - Tibi Et Igni
7. Belphegor - Conjuring the Dead
8. Epica - The Quantum Enigma
9. Phll Rudd - Head Job
10. Sonata Arctica - Pariah's Child
11. Accept - Blind Rage

Vader

Reaction score
I'm not ready to put mine any order other then Behemoth first followed by Iced Earth.
When I do at years end I'll have a list of at least twenty and it will be in my 2014 thread ..feel free to do the same. That goes for any and all members into metal who feel up to the task. Whatever number you choose.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Couple of albums I forgot are the new Mayhem and Autopsy. Have to re-do that list once I listen to the former again along with the new Mastodon. New Mastodon was good but took a few listens to grow.

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
Anyone adding babymetal to their metal collections this year? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif
Cheerleading_by_KTja.gif
smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif

Vader

Reaction score
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6balaHGQg38 Gallhammer link

I just watched the video Headbang and although I have to admit it's kinda funny and yeah
even entertaining. ..they are definitely cute and somewhat ....ah..adorable in that Asian Innocent little girl way...I'm not really into J- pop ( understatement ). I like my Japanese chick bands more along the lines Gallhammer. I might watch more the videos though for shits and giggles but could never just listen to their music.

Last edited:

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6balaHGQg38 Gallhammer link

I just watched the video Headbang and although I have to admit it's kinda funny and yeah
even entertaining. ..they are definitely cute and somewhat ....ah..adorable in that Asian Innocent little girl way...I'm not really into J- pop ( understatement ). I like my Japanese chick bands more along the lines Gallhammer. I might watch more the videos though for shits and giggles but could never just listen to their music.
haha yeah same here, I like listening to them just for the lulz.. I never heard of Gallhammer until now, but I like what I heard. I'm really into this type of slow/atmospheric type of metal. Have you ever heard of Bloody Panda? They're sound is similar, but more sludgier kind of metal.

Philmore

Reaction score
There's a couple of girl metal bands from Japan that aren't bad.

One is Aldious.

Another is Destrose.

Dazzle Vision is more screamo than metal but I dig the song. The video is not that great.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Exodus are just brilliant in nearly every album they've put out. Blood In, Blood Out is a real pleaser for the thrash metal enthusiast.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online