Vader and Riff Raff's Metal discussion (with occasional outside interference!)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
It does sound cool. You got me interested I'll have to go over to youtube and check them out.
So you'll be turning me on to some Metal Soot instead of the other way around.haha

I know! Weird! :heheh: The Pelagial album is one to be heard from start to finish. They also have an instrumental version too on the album i have! :grinthumb

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Yeah, more interested in music with at least a bit of vocals ...other then the occasional Jeff Loomis instrumental. But yeah I'll be checking into them soon ...waiting for Riff to pm back then hitting the bricks for some Zzzzzzzz.

Definitely interested though and gonna look into them.

Vader

Reaction score
I know! Weird! :heheh: The Pelagial album is one to be heard from start to finish. They also have an instrumental version too on the album i have! :grinthumb

Been having a serious bout of insomnia here of late so back up and I checked out The Ocean...dude that is some seriously cool stuff.Sorta Mastodon meets Pink Floyd thing going on...you should check out Mastodon Once More Round The Sun...you should dig that I'm pretty sure

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Over a long time Heartwork was my favourite Carcass but now Necroticism is taking over. I love that albums very groovy song writing.

Vader

Reaction score
I haven't heard Necroticism...Heartwork is definitely the shit though. Been along time since I even listen to any Carcass other then the new one which is pretty badass. Have you heard Carcass' new one ,Riff?

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah that was an awesome release. Very rare for bands to make good return albums but they pulled it off.

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
Nice thread :tongue:

One of my newer favorite discoveries from yesterday morning!

Within+the+Abyss+of+Solitude+Pravus+Abyssus++Within+the+Aby.png

Pappy

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone who considers themselves fans of metal could not be excited about this release next month! In fact I'm getting married next month and I'm not sure which I'm more excited about lol. I just have a feeling that Devin Townsend is going to have the top 3 releases this year. And speaking of him I'm not sure of anyone who has been more prolific than he has been since say 2009. Amazing Output.

Attachments

• Devin-Townsend-Z2-Small.jpg
    Devin-Townsend-Z2-Small.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 16

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I don't know how anyone who considers themselves fans of metal could not be excited about this release next month! In fact I'm getting married next month and I'm not sure which I'm more excited about lol. I just have a feeling that Devin Townsend is going to have the top 3 releases this year. And speaking of him I'm not sure of anyone who has been more prolific than he has been since say 2009. Amazing Output.

Count me in! I only just found out that this one is finally coming out and I'm excited. As far as metal goes, it should definitely land somewhere in my top 5. Anything else would be a disappointment.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online

No members online now.