Unreleased 1983 rock album - Heroes. Your opinion.

BamBam

Reaction score
If you're into the early 1980s era music, I'm curious to get your opinion of the following unreleased LP from 1983 from the British R&B Power Pop band The Heroes.

A description of it can be found at the bottom of this web page: Heroes - marsbardot

And the album is available free on Noisetrade:- Chris Bradford : Reasons For Reverse | Free Music Download

I was a fan of the Heroes debut LP "Border Raiders" when it came out, and think that album stands the test of time, so I was happy to hear the songs on this unreleased LP maintain a similar songwriting style and standard, but have a bit of a harder edge..

I really like most of the songs but curious to know what other people think.

Cheers, Bill

Last edited:

BamBam

Reaction score
Ah well, maybe not too much interest it seems…

Admittedly, this band never made it BIG, but I think the music does stand up - pipe up if you don't agree.

Anyhow, for your entertainment, here's a homemade video of one of the unreleased songs "Jumping For Joy"

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I am not familiar with the band at all.

I listened to the video you linked, the guitar work is pretty decent. I like that tone/sound on the guitar. The rest of the song didn't do much for me, but yeah ... I did like the guitar sound.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
I liked it and also thought the video was pretty clever. :D

BamBam

Reaction score
Here's one more song from the album…

This vocal has a slightly punky snarl… or at least a jack the lad accent… and a very strange lyric..
I have no idea what it's about but I like the odd time signature..

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online