Ultimate Classic Rock Vocalist Bracket: Final Four

Which singer is better in each group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FireandWater

Family Man
Reaction score
That's because you've heard his voice, or one very similar, at your local bar a million times. And I beg to differ that he is still so successful. He's with Queen right? Well how's that working out? That is NOT Queen. It's a fancy bar band IMO. I think he's a mediocre journey man vocalist.

And as far as Plant fading into oblivion, at least he did something original. I like he and Allison Krause together. He reinvented himself and sounded great--commercial success doesn't mean shit theses days--look at American idiot (i mean idol). Maybe Plant can't sing the mighty Zep tunes anymore, but he DID sing them at one time--AND THAT is enough for me. Rodgers has wet dreams at best, of achieving that success and accomplishment...Hell he had a crack with Page--but the Firm SUCKED.

Paul Rodgers a journey man vocalist? Every band he was in HE STARTED. He isn't with Queen anymore and he was never IN the band just a singer for THE band. Rodgers has written, produced, recorded, and released over 30 albums since 1968. He has sold well over 90 million records. The three bands he did form and front had INTERNATIONAL success. He can play bass, guitar, and piano all very well. Original? Paul Rogers started "Free" at age of 18 which was a British Blues Hard Rock band. At that time, it was very original. The Firm sold a lot of albums and Page was "recovering" from his drug addiction at that time. So they did have their problems muscially at what could have been. Also, early on there was NOTHING original about Led Zeppelin's music. Page put a spin on it but lyrically a lot of stolen goods. Free's debut in the same year was all original cept for maybe 2 songs (Which they gave credit for). All originals CO WROTE by Rodgers himself.

Last edited:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
And as far as Plant fading into oblivion, at least he did something original. I like he and Allison Krause together. He reinvented himself and sounded great--commercial success doesn't mean shit theses days--look at American idiot (i mean idol). Maybe Plant can't sing the mighty Zep tunes anymore, but he DID sing them at one time--AND THAT is enough for me. Rodgers has wet dreams at best, of achieving that success and accomplishment...Hell he had a crack with Page--but the Firm SUCKED.

Agreed, and I don't think Robert honestly cares much for monster sales records and commercial success these days. To me he just seems to be doing what he loves and trying new things. Lest we forget that he could stand to make about a bajillion f*cking dollars with a Zep reunion tour, but he's the only one of the surviving members who has opposed it numerous times. Jimmy even tried to replace him for the tour idea but it never panned out.

BTW, I voted for the "un-Pauls" too. :heheh:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
None of those 4 are my favourite, I give up there.
Could vote for Plant only, but there's no point really.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mercury & Rogers

I do think Freddie will win this bracket :)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online