Ultimate Classic Rock Song Bracket: Championship

Who is the champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
If I was in an introspective mood today, I probably would have voted for Floyd. I'm not though. :D

Led Zeppelin gets my vote today.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
PF. I truly love WLL and think it's one of the coolest opening tracks and specifically opening riffs to any classic rock album ever. It's among the best. However, the one downfall the song has is the middle "fill". Not the solo, but the 70 seconds of noise just before the solo. Cool, yet completely uncessary in the grand scheme of how cool the song is.

Comfortably Numb doesn't have one note too many, or one note too few. One of the greatest guitar tracks of all time with one of the best and most heartfelt guitar solos in all of classic rock.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Comfortably Numb doesn't have one note too many, or one note too few. One of the greatest guitar tracks of all time with one of the best and most heartfelt guitar solos in all of classic rock.

Well put Lynch. Thing about Comfortably Numb for me (at least today), is it just doesn't Grind like Whole Lotta Love.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Comfortably Numb is druggie shit.
I know you don't like Floyd, but both of these tunes are pretty much druggie/trippy tunes. One just happens to be about sex, while the other seems to be on the opposite end of the spectrum, dealing with depression and/or a bit of self loathing (although some may call it soul searching) *shrug*

Just my 2 cents worth.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online