Ultimate Classic Rock Drummer: Finals

Which drummer is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Neil Peart is probably the better technical drummer but I like Bonham's sound better. Sometimes Peart gets a little too busy for my tastes. Bonham gets the vote.

Hardnecker

Reaction score
I love them both. Bonham was so powerful and such a great improvisor live. Too bad his excesses did him in. Peart is as complete a drummer as I've ever heard. He blends power, technique, finesse and supreme compositional skills all in one package. In addition, he has 31 years more experience touring and growing as a musician than Bonham. He redefined his playing in the mid nineties studying with Freddie Gruber and got even better. Peart was as good as Bonham when John passed. Now, with that much more practice and experience it's obvious that Peart is the choice here.

fielding

Reaction score
Peart...he's just a lot more creative and skilled than Bonham is to me.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Neil Peart is probably the better technical drummer but I like Bonham's sound better. Sometimes Peart gets a little too busy for my tastes. Bonham gets the vote.

This is the way I feel as well. Gonzo just grooves harder in my opinion.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Neil Peart for me...easily.

I love Bonham as well, but Peart I feel is likely the most talented drummer to ever ascend the drum kit.:bow:

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Peart has that jazzy, technical and sophisticated style no doubt seriously talented. Bonham was never formally trained, learned by feel preferring to play with swing, groove and rhythm much like the soul records he loved. Two diferrent players. Bonzo got my vote.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Neil Peart for me...easily.

I love Bonham as well, but Peart I feel is likely the most talented drummer to ever ascend the drum kit.:bow:

Neil and John may be the two greatest drummers in this poll...

... but these two are the two greatest drummers of ALL TIME!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online