Uli Jon Roth's Electric Sun

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Cool pic Lou :grinthumb

Sox has been waxing lyrical about the gig, said Uli was brilliant - expect he'll pop on here later & say a few words about it himself :)

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
I've always been a huge fan of the 70s Scorpions specifically because of Ulrich Roth.
From his solo work I only have Fire Wind and as mentioned by others, I was not blown away by the vocals but I can live with them.
I had a similar situation with Zakk Wylde and Black Label Society but I got through it.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I have to agree with Lou, Uli gave a master-class and is one virtuoso player; a truly outstanding talent. The younger support act Skam put on a great show too and came out to stand at the back of the room to watch the main man they had a chat with us and talked about the skill of Uli. A really fantastic gig ***** a five star show for me.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Well, what can I say, it was a knockout night, top bands, top beer and top characters. Uli really did look like he was enjoying himself, no pressure. The vocalist was a topper geezer and he was humble when I spoke to him about how good he is. In Trance was unbelievable to say the least, I blew a fuse when he played that. :)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Well Lou and I went to see the man last night for the second time this year and he blew us away again. Words cannot tell what a phenomenal guitar player he is, got all 3 Electric Sun albums there and got him to sign them. We met him again and had a chat with him, he is such a humble person.

The young guy playing guitar in the support act and with him was excellent, he will be big. What a great night and in a small venue again, legend:woot::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^Glad you two enjoyed it Sweat, again I've got to say he's a master of his craft no doubt about it. Did Lou fetch the T shirt off the wall and out of the frame to wear on the night ??? :D

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
He did for that night only lol, topper gig man, again was like he was playing for fun and loved chatting at the end again. The guy is a master and was a pleasure to see him again.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Another great moment in Rock history /The GREAT Uli Jon Roth playing THE DIAMOND Sutton in Ashfield . His performance at Doncaster was full quality...how can you beat that? Well somehow he did . We got there early and got the best seats...there were no German towels on them.
WOW!! What a fantastic show. I had come out of my flu ridden sick bed for this and it was well worth it. Iam very passionate about his jawdropping guitarwork and during songs "In Trance " and the old Electric Sun number"Hiroshima" the master had me crying like a baby :wa Man he was that good !!:grinthumb.

Last edited:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Here are some great pics...we were right at the front for the show...brilliant

15624_10151406927260229_1356818467_n.jpg

400115_10151406927180229_386294853_n.jpg

582530_10151406927365229_404373412_n.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads