Uli Jon Roth's Electric Sun

E-Z

Reaction score
^^ I got Firewind LP few months ago. Never knew this guy before and by the cover I thought "this might be a heavy rock album" and I paid £3 for that.

The cover paintings of both the EARTHQUAKE & FIREWIND albums were paintings painted by Uli's then girlfriend MONIKA DANNEMAN the same woman who was JIMI HENDRIX girlfriend and who was with Jimi when he died in a London hotel on September 18th 1970.

Monika died 'mysteriously' in 1996 in a locked fumed filled car in her garage in England, some say it was suicide other's are not so sure??.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
You did well Nolo!! You have got a great bargain.....Uli is the MASTER :bow:when it comes to the geeetar something Ive been trying to convince my local mates Sox and Sweaty for years :D

I know right, Lou. The opening track is a great piece. Vocally terrible, but guitar - mind-blowing.

E-Z

Reaction score
I know right, Lou. The opening track is a great piece. Vocally terrible, but guitar - mind-blowing.

Hey Nololob i hope you don't mind me jumpin' in here and saying that Uli isn't a natural vocalist but he gets by with his singing plus he's singing in English which i guess wasn't easy with a German accent BUT it's his guitar playing that more then makes up for his vocal short comings.

Actually after a while i've found that his vocal style kinda grows on me also i think i recall that he actually 'speaks' a lot of his vocal lines from memory?. :D

Rock on...

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
There are quite a lot of Germans singing in English, personally I don't find it unusual. I don't know why he hasn't thought of hiring a singer (royalty issues?), but despite that I love music and I don't care that much about lyrics/vocals.
And you're right. For someone, who's not naturally a singer it's better to miss that point.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Uli Jon Roth did get some slating for his vocals from the music press and hired Nicky Moore[ ex Samson,Tiger,Mammoth singer] for the "Beyond the astral skies album" to help him out . Sounded good on paper....but be jeez its a very dissapointing album. :uh: IMO . I tend to like Roths vocals...they blend in well with ELECTRIC SUN......Im sure after a few plays Nolo you will change your mind.
Heres the great man...love that guitar...and yes I spilled my breakfast bowl aswell :heheh:

Last edited by a moderator:

E-Z

Reaction score
I believe i read about 10 or 15 years ago that Uli use to live in a castle in Wales. I must admit i ain't kept up to date with to much of wot he does nowadays but i do see the occasional new cd release every few years from him.

cyggy

Cygnusx1
Reaction score
Love Uli John Roth's work , got most of his stuff , last I heard he went bankrupt , maybe 10 years ago .

Khor1255

Reaction score
Last thing I saw was that Hendrix tribute dvd. It was really cool. He also has his own line of guitars but I don't think too many people use them.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
CRFs 3 Amigos myself,Sweaty and Sox went to see Uli Jon Roth playing the unlikely venue.... The Leopard in Doncaster last night . What a performance !!! Uli and his backing band were superb...one of the best gigs I have ever witnessed.:grinthumb
Uli started off with..."All along the watchtower", played a couple of Electric Sun numbers but had the crowd buzzing by playing a few early SCORPIONS songs...."Sails of Charon" "In trance" [ out of this world :bow: ]Uli also did a fine version to "Mistreated"
There was a variety of styles metal/rock/ blues/classical etc his guitar playing I cant eulogise enough about.He is THE MASTER :bow:
A really great gig and a real honour to meet the great man himself after the show

Attachments

• 577066_10151220145170229_1728335672_n.jpg
    577066_10151220145170229_1728335672_n.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka