Uli John Roth to release 19 Scorpions tracks

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
This is so worth getting. All the tracks he helped make classics are here & more.

UDR, The Home Of Legends, is set to release guitar legend ULI JON ROTH’s brand new double album of 19 re-invented Scorpions tracks, entitled Scorpions Revisited, on March 10, 2015. Pre-orders for the album will be available soon.

For over four decades, ULI JON ROTH has forged new frontiers in the world of guitar, both in terms of approach and style. He even managed to invent the sky-guitar, a six octave lead instrument that remains unparalleled. But before he started to explore the creative worlds of music, philosophy and art, ULI JON ROTH was a member of European rock giants, the Scorpions, a band with which he helped create a new path in hard rock music. In 2013, venerated for his originality and dynamism at the time, Roth found himself intrigued by the memory of those early days which began 40 years ago, and specifically by the music he helped write, perform and occasionally sing on the albums Fly To The Rainbow, In Trance, Virgin Killer and Taken By Force. It lead to Roth deciding to spend a year re-visiting, exploring, performing and re-recording his favorite Scorpions songs.

The first results of this magical, mystical journey into his own past can be heard on ULI JON ROTH’s Scorpions Revisited, a double-disc CD recorded in Hanover, Germany which sees the maestro re-harness all the collective power and poise of those original Scorpions classics, and re-imagine them as he feels today. No one in their right mind would dare call these mere re-recordings, as it’s clear that ULI JON ROTH reinvents these songs from the soul up.

Track listing - CD1:
1. The Sails Of Charon
2. Longing For Fire
3. Crying Days
4. Virgin Killer
5. In Trance
6. Sun In My Hand
7. Yellow Raven
8. Polar Nights
9. Dark Lady

Track listing - CD2:
1. Catch Your Train
2. Evening Wind
3. All Night Long
4. We’ll Burn In The Sky
5. Pictured Life
6. Hell Cat
7. Life’s Like A River
8. Drifting Sun
9. Rainbow Dream Prelude
10. Fly To The Rainbow

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I'm definitely checking this out. 70s SCORPIONS is by far my favorite era and this is going to be very interesting to hear Uli John Roths new take on these classics. I saw Uli open up for MSG twice on the tour they did together. He is a very inventive talent and I can't wait to hear what he has dreamed up on this offering.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I haven't heard the Steve Hackett Genesis Revisited albums. Does he do them ala modern Steve Hackett?

I imagine Uli would do these songs more in his own current style, but they should still be unmistakably Scorp tracks.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I haven't heard the Steve Hackett Genesis Revisited albums. Does he do them ala modern Steve Hackett?

I imagine Uli would do these songs more in his own current style, but they should still be unmistakably Scorp tracks.

I haven't heard those either.

As far as Uli is concerned...that's what I'm counting on. Already have the Scorpions versions on vinyl & CD.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online