UFO - Obsession (1978)

billyporter

Reaction score
very good album, one of theirs which i own. great cover too.
i've always been amazed that i've never seen phil mogg's name included in one of those 'best singer' lists. never mentioned. its the usual suspects only, gillan, plant, freddie.

nwobhm

Reaction score
i have all their albums ( bar the brand new one ) a great album, probably not their best but a good listen, gave us some cracking songs though

good review enjoyed that, Ufo to me are very underated

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
i've always been amazed that i've never seen phil mogg's name included in one of those 'best singer' lists. never mentioned. its the usual suspects only, gillan, plant, freddie.

Agreed!! Phil should make a few vocalist best of lists. Never thought about it but it's like I never see him.

:bonk: :heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Missed Khor's review when he posted it...:bonk:

Whenever I see "Obsession" I harken back decades when I asked a friend to make a cassette copy of "Strangers in the Night" for me. Simple enough request I thought, instead he recorded Obsession. I have to say I was very disappointed, I mean it was a good album but pales beside "Strangers..." at least in my books.

I'd have to go back and listen to their studio albums again before making a definitive choice, but "Lights Out" has always been my personal favorite.

And I agree with BillyP and MP, Phil Mogg never gets the recognition he warrants, one of the best of his era easily.:cheers2

Rockperson

Reaction score
Indeed this is an excellent album, but I also prefer Force It.

Rockperson your Avatar reminds me of the good old days.
When I heard one track of that album, I had to have it.

My dad had it on vinyl when it first came out and as he played it often and loud, it got kind of stuck in my head, excellent album :grinthumb

Rockperson

Reaction score

Are you an MMA fan mate?

That was in reference to your avatar which has now changed lol

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online