Re: Type O Negative

Yeah, well... y'know, I've been to a few shows, yeah :heheh:

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - PETER STEELE Death Rumors Gaining Strength

PETER STEELE Death Rumors Gaining Strength - Apr. 14, 2010

TYPE O NEGATIVE frontman Peter Steele is rumored to have died of heart failure earlier today (Wednesday, April 14).

Mistress Juliya of Fuse TV wrote on her Twitter page earlier tonight that she spoke to TYPE O NEGATIVE guitarist Kenny Hickey just before midnight New York time, and that Kenny confirmed that the rumors were true.

Revolver magazine's editor-in-chief Brandon Geist also posted on Twitter that he has heard reports of Steele's passing. "Hoping [the rumors] are not true, but the source is good," he wrote.

It should be noted that there ***has been no official statement*** released by TYPE O NEGATIVE or the band's management to corroborate these reports.

Back in 2005, many people were shocked when they logged on to the TYPE O NEGATIVE web site and saw a gravestone with the words "[P]eter Steele - 1962 - 2005 .... Free At Last" carved on it. According to Epinions.com, there were rumors at the time that Steele was sick (with anything from cancer to AIDS), was on his deathbed, attempted suicide ... and the list goes on. Needless to say, it turned out that Steele was very much alive and the gravestone was merely a joke, albeit one the wasn't viewed as being in particularly good taste.

Steele was born Petrus T. Ratajczyk on January 4, 1962 in Brooklyn, New York. He stood 6' 7" (201 cm) tall, and had a low, bass-heavy voice, which was one of the most recognizable features in TYPE O NEGATIVE's music.

Before forming TYPE O NEGATIVE, Steele played for the metal group FALLOUT and the thrash band CARNIVORE.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

It should be noted that there ***has been no official statement*** released by TYPE O NEGATIVE or the band's management to corroborate these reports.

Just did a few checks on the web site and My Space and no news of any of this rumor..
The whole business with the Pete Steel grave stone makes me wonder if it's a gimmick to pump up the bands concert dates..:confused:

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score

Nopes, it's confirmed:

TYPE O NEGATIVE Keyboardist Confirms PETER STEELE's Death - Apr. 15, 2010
TYPE O NEGATIVE keyboardist Josh Silver has confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET that the band's frontman, Peter Steele, passed away yesterday (Wednesday, April 14) at the age of 48. No official cause of death has yet been released, but it is believed that Steele died of heart failure.

Mistress Juliya (a.k.a. Juliya Chernetsky) of Fuse TV broke the news on her Twitter page last night, stating that she spoke to TYPE O NEGATIVE guitarist Kenny Hickey just before midnight New York time, and that Kenny confirmed that the rumors were true.

Back in 2005, many people were shocked when they logged on to the TYPE O NEGATIVE web site and saw a gravestone with the words "[P]eter Steele - 1962 - 2005 .... Free At Last" carved on it. According to Epinions.com, there were rumors at the time that Steele was sick (with anything from cancer to AIDS), was on his deathbed, attempted suicide ... and the list goes on. Needless to say, it turned out that Steele was very much alive and the gravestone was merely a joke, albeit one the wasn't viewed as being in particularly good taste.

Steele was born Petrus T. Ratajczyk on January 4, 1962 in Brooklyn, New York. He stood 6' 7" (201 cm) tall, and had a low, bass-heavy voice, which was one of the most recognizable features in TYPE O NEGATIVE's music.

Before forming TYPE O NEGATIVE, Steele played for the metal group FALLOUT and the thrash band CARNIVORE.

--------------------

It was a gimmick in 2005 because of all the rumours but this time it's for real.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Sorry to hear that Flip,,,I have three of Type-O's CD's.:(

F

FoxyPage

He had heart failure.

It's a sad day in metal.

frozenprince

Reaction score

29p22xx.jpg

im not here only for type O stuff contrary to my first two posts but, he saved my ass with his music, a lot.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online