Tyketto (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Tyketto

Lead singer Danny Vaughan did a really good solo album about 5 years ago that I was playing on the radio for awhile. If I remember to get back into this thread, I'll link you to it. Otherwise you can just Google/Wikipedia him easily enough for a title (I'm at the office working).

I was talking to him by email for a month or two. Nice guy. If I had actually applied myself, I probably could have gotten a phone in interview with him on my radio show but one of the problems was I didn't know dick about Tyketto (and still don't).

However, I'll never interview an artist over the air that I don't have a whole lot of knowledge on, just for a cheap ratings push or whatever. It isn't the way professionals do things in my opinion.

Is this the album, Aeroplane?

51Wg2b2XDKL._SS400_.jpg

The album art is awesome!

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

Is this the album, Aeroplane?

51Wg2b2XDKL._SS400_.jpg

The album art is awesome!

Nope, it has a purplish color and a release date of around 2004-2005. I'd have a better memory of the title if I actually owned the cd, but I don't. I haven't laid eyes on it since I quit radio three years ago. :)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

If this isn't the album, Aeroplane, I give up trying to find it.........

580243.gif

From The Inside w/Danny Vaughn ~ Nothing At All

Incidentally I do remember hearing this on the radio.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

If this isn't the album, Aeroplane, I give up trying to find it.........

580243.gif

From The Inside w/Danny Vaughn ~ Nothing At All

Yeppers. That is the one.

Mr. T

Reaction score

I loves me some Tyketto and Danny Vaughn too... shamefully underappreciated talent. Another cut I love off of Strength In Numbers is Inherit The Wind. Tried to find a clip to add here but came up blank. :uh:

From The Inside did a second album also called Visions that dropped in 2008. I like that one too and did find a clip from it!

FTIV.jpg

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Danny Vaughn made an excellent album with Pete Way's Waysted. Waysted with Vaughn were more like Tyketto than UFO, but they were quite a heavy melodic rock band. Often, melodic rock singers, while proficient, disappear into a production of vocal harmonies, but Danny Vaughn's Sailors and Soldiers on Riverside has some very distinctive singing.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online