TWISTED TOWER DIRE Heavy/ Power

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
twisted-tower-dire-make-it-dark.jpg

Twisted Tower Dire

495_photo.jpg

Formed 1995, Chantilly, VA, United States

Members Johnny Aune (vocals), Scott Waldrop (guitars), Dave Boyd (guitars), Jim Hunter (bass), Mark Stauffer (drums), Hayes Elkins (guitars), Mike Engel (bass), Nick Mertaugh (guitars), Jim Murad (bass), Tom Phillips (vocals), Janet Rubin (vocals), Tony Taylor (vocals)

Great American Trad. Heavy Metal band that is inspired by the likes of Maiden, Dio , Priest and a horde of other awesome bands who hail from the 80's that are not near as well known . I just picked up their latest release 2011's Make It Dark which now makes my collection ( thou far) complete . Excellent soaring vocals, majestic guitars and an powerful driving rhythm section makes these well crafted gems favorites of mine from the Power Metal genre .

Discography:

1999 The Curse of Twisted Tower
2001 The Isle of Hydra
2003 Crest of the Martyrs
2007 Netherworlds
2011 Make It Dark

//

//

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Heard of this band before, and saw their new album recently but don't have any of their CD's as yet...:think:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I was introduced to these guys through a highly skilled lead player who happens to be a good friend of mine. He is semi obsessed with their "compositional skills" as he puts it and played their first two releases for me almost endlessly for what seemed like a week. A week of seemly endless beers one holiday season I might add :heheh:

I am really glad he did because I love these CDs now and own them all as already stated . I am quite surprised that they are not more popular then just their cult following here in the US but then maybe staying in the underground is what has kept them so true to their roots of Trad. metal. Anyway I'm not complaining .They are a great band popular or not.

EDIT: The new release is growing on me by the day

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
They sound a good solid outfit .:grinthumb I am a bit embaressed Id never heard of them before:blush2:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliverevans

Members online