1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Series

Discussion in 'Movies / Television' started by Ezequiel, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Sharp Dressed Man

Sharp Dressed Man Down South Jukin' Staff Member

I finished the season last night. It's just as good as the previous two imo.

Lynch likes this.
  2. Zoey141

Zoey141 Junior Member

3. Jake T

Jake T Earth-bound Misfit

[​IMG]

4. Lynch

Lynch Here for the cookies and the tunes

I decided to put Ozark on hold for a bit. I started going through the entire Sopranos series last summer or fall, but got sidetracked by something else and ended up quitting somewhere in early season 5. I've been through the whole thing before, so it's nothing new to me. Last week, I started up at the start of Season 5 and am now almost halfway through the first half of season 6. Should finish this up this week. THEN, on to Ozark. ;)
    [​IMG]

Sharp Dressed Man likes this.
  5. Sharp Dressed Man

Killing Eve returns today! :woho:

Killing.jpg

6. Lynch

This working from home / home quarantine thing is working out great for me in getting through a crap load of TV shows and movies.

• Started and finished the last 2 full seasons of The Sopranos. I've watched the entire series in the past, so it was all "refresher", but was good to go back and revisit this awesome series.
    • Finished season 3 of Arrow and started up on season 4.
    • Started and finished season 3 of Ozark.
    • Started and finished season 10 of Archer. I saw that season 11 will be out next month. :) I think that this might be the end of this outstanding animated series. When they switched networks a few years back, the show took a huge hit in the ratings and that's never good for any show on network television.

Edit: this is just in the past 2-2.5 weeks. Not including a few movies and not including single episodes stuff like the current season of Star Wars: Clone Wars.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    Sharp Dressed Man likes this.
  7. Lynch

Started and finished season 3 of True Detective this week.

I really liked the first season. Didn't mind the second season when it came out, but it definitely wasn't as good as the first. This season started out kind of wonky, jumping around on three different timelines for the same main characters. Of course, all 3 of those timelines were still completely about the main story/crime. Turned out to be a pretty good season. Slow moving, but definitely good.

[​IMG]

Sharp Dressed Man and Nai Noswad like this.
  8. mrblond

mrblond Senior Member

The New Pope by Paolo Sorrentino

Long Live Malkovich...
    9/10
    Untitled-697.jpg

Trickster likes this.
  9. Sharp Dressed Man

I was a huge fan of the original Penny Dreadful series and now there's a spin-off. I'm not sure it'll live up to the original series, but it's got Natalie Dormer in it, so I'm definitely curious. As always, I've got a ton of things to watch, so I'll probably let the show finish up and then binge watch it, if I like it enough to stick with it.

6d7f3c271428b0b61d42835700016841.jpg

image.jpg

Trickster likes this.
  10. Lynch

Just finished Season 7 of The Clone Wars

The final episode came out earlier this week. I didn't realize it until an hour or so ago (since I wasn't aware they released it on May the 4th). Just watched it and I have to say that the second half of this season was fucking awesome! I really enjoyed it. The first half dragged. The merry band of mercs in the first few episodes was ok. The next few with Ahsoka and the sisters wasn't really doing much for me and it left me wondering wtf they were doing with this season? Simply a cash-grab for die-hard fans?

Then the last 5 or 6 episodes. Holy poop, GREAT way to end the series and a great way to end Ahsoka's storyline. I was not the least bit happy with how they ended her story at the end of Season 5 and never brought her up at all in season 6. This was very good, very satisfying.

:bow:

While Disney has really fucked things up in the live action films (other than Rogue One), they really did something right with this and with the Madelorian on Disney+.