Turn The Page versions: Bob Seger vs Metallica

Turn The Page: Which version do you prefer?

• Total voters

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Bob Seger for me as well, it's his song after all.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that not very many people are taking into account the STUDIO version of Bob'***** as opposed to the live version that we are all most familiar with.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I really don't like saxophone - grates right through me nearly as much as bagpipes do - so no brownie points for Seger from me on that front. Metallica replace the sax with slide guitar (which I happen to love) and do a great cover, so my vote goes with them.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I only know the Live Version which is on Bob Segers Greatest Hits. Saxophone isn't one of my favourite instruments, but for this song it seems to work as it creates mood/tone for the song. It was a real treat when I hear the Mellotron in the song though. :D

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that not very many people are taking into account the STUDIO version of Bob'***** as opposed to the live version that we are all most familiar with.

Nope I have heard the studio version. Not familiar with the live one.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
The original/studio version is in the first post.

ok I've done that, have a listen to the Bob Seger's Live One because I actually think it's better, seems to have more substance to it along with a Mellotron . :D

Lynch

Reaction score
cp/m:

I've heard the live version a million times if I've heard it once. That is the one that nearly everyone is familiar with.

What I was getting at with my comment is that in the first post, the studio version is what is posted, NOT the live version but I have a feeling that nearly everyone seeing the song vs song poll is just going off of what they are most famliar with, that being the live version. Admitedly, I ~am~ assuming, but I don't think the assumption is too far off base. So, I don't think it's a matter of which do you like better, the Live Bullet version or the Metallica version, but rather Studio Bob vs Studio Metallica.

*shrug*

Riff, are you sure you've never heard the live one, that is the ONLY one you'll probably ever hear on the radio or on any streaming classic rock broadcast or web radio.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Gee you take it so personally Lynch, when I was only posting for the benefit for those who don't know it :D Lots of Bob Seger songs get played on the Radio in Australia, but "Turn the Page" doesn't seem to be one of them (either live or studio), but it's a great song all the same. :D

Lynch

Reaction score
No, not taking anything personally at all, just explaining what I meant ... figuring that I might not have been clear enough the first time

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online