"Tubs": The Billy Bruford Thread

joe

Reaction score
^^^Bizarre but beautiful vocals. I haven't heard the live version yet. I can somewhat understand it wouldn't be as good as her voice is over dubbed at least four times on the studio version.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I'm am only familiar with Bill Buford through his work with Yes and KC.
Listening to some videos as I type. Love his work that I am aware of .Great drummer.

joe

Reaction score
Almost the same line-up as on Bruford Levin Upper Extremities except for trumpeter Mark Isham. David Torn's second solo album, Cloud About Mercury(1987) released ten years earlier than BLUE also features Bruford on drums as well as bassist Tony Levin.

Again this album is experimental jazz fusion/avant-garde jazz with stunning atmospheres and ethnic influenced passages. Torn takes the electric guitar to previously unimagined dimensions.

David%2BTorn%2B-%2BCloud%2BAbout%2BMercury%2Bfront.jpg

joe

Reaction score
Just p/u If Summer Had Its Ghost from Bill Bruford, Ralph Towner and Eddie Gomez yesterday and gave 'er a couple of listens. Ralph Towner is the show on this album playing different acoustic guitars and keys. Towner is well known with his playing days in Oregon, a world jazz fusion band and he also has some excellent solo albums as well.

The music on the album I would label as neo-classical jazz and not the fast fusion and those complex rhythms and time signature shifts Bruford is so well known for.

Bill_Bruford_with_Ralph_Towner_and_S_If_Summer_Had_Its_Ghosts.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online