TRIUMPH's 'Classics' To Be Re-Released As Double LP

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
triumphbandnov2018_638.jpg
On December 13, TRIUMPH's 13-track "Classics" will once again hit the racks (via Round Hill/Triumph Catalog), and all of the expected gems are included — "Lay It On The Line", "Magic Power", "A World Of Fantasy", "Fight The Good Fight" and "Hold On". Also featured are two special live recordings that close the set — "Never Surrender" (live at the US Festival) and "Blinding Light Show/Moon Child" (live at Sweden Rock).

The album will be available for preorder at this location.

"We are excited to showcase our career on the 'Classics' reissue," says the band. "It's a beautiful package and sounds awesome!"

"Classics" track listing:

01. Tears In The Rain
02. Lay It On The Line
03. I Live For The Weekend
04. Magic Power
05. Somebody’s Out There
06. Spellbound
07. A World Of Fantasy
08. Follow Your Heart
09. Fight The Good Fight
10. Rock & Roll Machine
11. Hold On
12. Never Surrender (Live At The US Festival)
13. Blinding Light Show/Moon Child (Live At Sweden Rock)

Banger Films, in association with Revolver Films and Bell Media's streaming service Crave, is currently in production on "Triumph: Lay It On The Line", the first-ever feature documentary about the dramatic career of the legendary Canadian power trio.

Produced by Emmy and Peabody award-winning Banger Films, "Triumph: Lay It On The Line" is a Crave original documentary that's a celebratory, exhilarating thrill ride through the history of one of rock's most unsung bands. Slated for release in 2020, the film covers TRIUMPH's humble beginnings as staples of the GTA circuit in the mid-'70s to their heyday as touring juggernauts, selling out arenas and stadiums all across North America with their legendary spectacular live shows — and way beyond.

Drummer/vocalist Gil Moore, bassist/keyboardist Mike Levine, and guitarist/vocalist Rik Emmett formed TRIUMPH in 1975, and their blend of heavy riff-rockers with progressive odysseys, peppered with thoughtful, inspiring lyrics and virtuosic guitar playing quickly made them a household name in Canada. Anthems like "Lay It On The Line", "Magic Power" and "Fight The Good Fight" broke them in the USA, and they amassed a legion of fiercely passionate fans. But, as a band that suddenly split at the zenith of their popularity, TRIUMPH missed out on an opportunity to say thank you to those loyal and devoted fans, a base that is still active today, three decades later.

After 20 years apart, Emmett, Levine and Moore played at the 2008 editions of the Sweden Rock Festival and Rocklahoma. A DVD of the historic Sweden performance was made available four years later.

Emmett has said in various interviews over the years that he would welcome the chance to play TRIUMPH songs with Moore and Levine again but that those two have been reluctant to commit. "If the carrot was big enough and golden enough, I think it would make Mike and Gil, but especially Gil, do it," Emmett told the QMI Agency back in 2012.triumphclassics.jpg triumphclassics2.jpg

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Love this album. One of the first albums that I bought on CD back in 1989 when I got my first CD player. Was just listening to it a few days ago.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online