Triggerfinger (Official Thread)

Julie

Reaction score
TRIGGERFINGER

triggerfinger_zps08b3d640.jpg

rubenblock2_zpsf30aadce.jpg

Official Website

Triggerfinger is a fiery threepiece from Antwerp consisting of a trio of real characters: guitarist and singer Ruben Block, drummer Mario Goossens and bassist Paul Van Bruystegem – aka lange Polle or Monsieur Paul. Now, it takes some grit - and style - to be dubbed “the loudest band in Antwerp”, and in some ways the moniker is a testament to their past efforts; which have built up a considerable and loyal following in the Lowlands. (If you have any doubts about the powerful and multidimensional sound they can command, just give their live LP Faders Up (2007) a spin). But sights are now being set further afield from this great Flemish city, especially with the release on Excelsior Recordings - on the 15th of November 2010 - of their third album: All This Dancin’ Around, the follow up to the successful What Grabs Ya? And 2004’s Triggerfinger.

triggerfinger2_zps074bbe2b.jpg

There are big things expected of All This Dancin’ Around and no wonder, as the band themselves have set the expectation level from the off. The album was recorded at the famous Sound City studio in Los Angeles, where Nirvana’s Nevermind was produced. Recording sessions, under the aegis of producer Greg Gordon (a man who has turned his talents to the sounds of Oasis, Wolfmother, Slayer and Soulwax amongst others) went extremely well; and the band seem to have had the time of their lives in all senses of the phrase. Indeed the post-recording snippets from the band members themselves were very bullish: everything probably went better than expected. According to Monsieur Paul, “It was the first time in my ‘career’ that I came out of the studio and realised that everything actually sounded even better than we thought it did in the studio at the time… Everything went so smooth, it was a blast. It was just a shame that the water in the swimming pool was a tad chilly.”

This is a band that have developed the hard way; years of touring the clubs, pubs, festivals and dives of Europe have bred a fierce and uncompromising sound. And a fluid one too, able to turn a melody or a phrasing on a sixpence, and one more than capable of showcasing the individual personalities to their best effect, in whatever situation. They aren’t just a loud and grandiose rock band either: moments of broody introspection are a forte too, and can be heard in tracks like All Night Long.
(taken from their website)

triggerfinger3_zpsc5dbba59.jpg

rubenblock_zpsc2f5e7a7.jpg

Albums:

Triggerfinger (2004)

1. "Inner Peace"
2. "Lil' Teaser"
3. "Today"
4. "Commotion"
5. "Drivin'"
6. "Back on Track"
7. "On My Knees"
8. "Hunt You Down"
9. "Faders Up"
10. "Camaro"
11. "Au Suivant"

Faders up (2007)
1. "On My Knees"
2. "Faders Up"
3. "Lil' Teaser"
4. "Drivin'"
5. "Father of Night" (Cover van Bob Dylan)
6. "Camaro"
7. "Hunt You Down"
8. "Commotion (Cover van Creedence Clearwater Revival)"
9. "Nothing Achieving" (Cover van The Police)
10. "Boris the Spider" (Cover van The Who)
11. "Angelene" (Cover van PJ Harvey)

What grabs ya (2008)
1. Short term memory love
2. First taste
3. Soon
4. Halfway town
5. Scream
6. Is it
7. All my floating
8. What grabs ya?
9. Lines
10. No teasin' around

All this dancin' around (2010)
1 All this dancin' around
2 Let it ride
3 Love lost in love
4 I'm coming for you
5 All night long
6 Feed me
7 Cherry
8 My baby's got a gun
9 Without a sound
10 Tuxedo
11 It hasn't gone away

First Taste

Inner Peace

All night long

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Re: Triggerfinger

About time someone wrote a thread for this band from Belgium!! Very good band.

Julie

Reaction score
Thanks, EF!

Some of their stuff sound really QOTSA-ish, another one of my favorite bands....

This is one of the songs that sound QOTSA-ish imo:

Awesome song.

They also have quite a lot of covers and have been criticized for this fact.
I do think they are great covers, though, some better than the original.

Here are some covers by them:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I heard a TRIGGERFINGER track on EFs hard rock radio show..."1st taste".I was well impressed, will be checking out more from this band :cheers2

Julie

Reaction score
I'm going to see them next week in Amsterdam! :)

It hasn't gone away

Julie

Reaction score
In Amsterdam:

Ruben Block talking about sweat is somehow very exciting :p

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online