Tribute / Cover Band recommendations

~Banshee~

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reaction score
I once saw a THIN LIZZY tribute band years ago maybe over 20 years ago now in the late 1990s called LIMEHOUSE LIZZY in the back of a pub one Saturday night in Putney in south west London and they were pretty good I seem to recall. The main vocalist and bass player was a dark skinned dude (just like Philo was) and he had two exceptionally long haired guitarist's either side of him and of course a drummer scrubbing & tubbing at the back.

I can't remember exactly what numbers they played but it was probably all the songs that you would expect Thin Lizzy to play from there Live And Dangerous era album 1976-78 although I do remember the guy who assumed Phil Lynott's role as main vocalist and bass player telling the gathered crowd between songs that the were going to play a number that they didn't usually play live off "there Nightlife album" cheeky sod lol ha ha ha...

I enjoyed the evening a lot.

E-Z

First time I saw them was above a social club in Rochdale, around '97. They came on, all seemed good, then the lead singer got his panties in a bunch about something not sounding right. Had the other members walk off stage and we had to wait a good half hour til they came back out.

Saw them a couple more times after that too. One of, if not the best cover band I've seen, though not seen them in over 10yrs. Still doing the rounds I hear though I have no idea if it's still the same lineup.

Reactions: E-Z

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
That's all we've been getting at House of Blues in Myrtle Beach here lately and it's getting aggravating.

That said the two that I thought were very good were Zoso a Zep tribute and Tuesday's Gone Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Gibraltar

Reaction score
In the last year, my wife and I have seen two of the best tribute bands live - the Bootleg Beatles and Fleetwood Back (endorsed by Mick Fleetwood himself). About as close to the originals as it’s possible to get, both musically and visually.

Delilah

Reaction score
I just found this guy named "Leo" recently on-line and he does many metal covers of some songs...He is on Youtube, is an awesome musician!!

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I just found this guy named "Leo" recently on-line and he does many metal covers of some songs...He is on Youtube, is an awesome musician!!
I LOVE Leo.. His last name is hard to spell, but your right.. He does some excellent METAL covers..

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online