Toto XIV

eicca

Swingin'
Reaction score
tracks.jpg

I don't even know where to begin.......

In one word: Art.

In two words: Pure musicianship.

In a paragraph: Don't put it on shuffle; it's a wild ride that is carefully crafted to take off with some good energy, then blow your brains all over the wall, get down and groove, trip you out, lift your spirits, throw back to the old days, cry a little, get funky, and then put it all together in a finale that rocks like has never been rocked before.

Now I will rave.

I've never heard an album that literally took my breath away, made me tear up, or got my heart racing. This one did all three. The only thing I can compare it to in terms of creative genius and performer talent is classical music. You'll hear some of the most well-trained rock musicians working in perfect harmony and blending their talents and ideas into an epic masterpiece. I never thought I'd elevate any kind of rock music to the level of masterpiece... But this I do.

It doesn't feel like a studio recording; it feels like the greatest live performance ever put on. It feels like attending a Mahler symphony or something. It's just so unified and perfect, and you can really tell each distinct contribution that the members make. And the mastering... C.J. Vanston came through in spades. You hear more than just left and right--it's 3-dimensional, and it takes the mountain of sound that Toto produces and arranges it all just perfectly.

I'd do a track-by-track, but I just can't do it justice. It'd be like reviewing individual sections of one giant painting. It truly is Toto's best work, covering everything from the feel goods, the light n easy and the cheesy synths to the explosive rock, bluesy groove and deep and rich ballads.

So go buy it. Now.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have it. I haven't had a chance to listen to it from start to finish but the bits and pieces I have heard sound good real good! :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online