Toronto

rtbuck

Reaction score
Anyone remember this band???

They had a couple of minor hits (Even the Score & Your Daddy Don't Know) & I actually liked them enough to buy 3 of their albums. I seen them in concert once & they put on an excellent show.

joe

Reaction score
I remember the band rt. What really comes to mind is the vocalist of the band. She had some pipes. A little to AOR/pop/rock for my ears. I always think of Harlequin, Streetheart, and Toronto together. I guess it's roughly the same era when they were at thier hieght back in the late 70's/early '80's.

rtbuck

Reaction score
I remember the band rt. What really comes to mind is the vocalist of the band. She had some pipes. A little to AOR/pop/rock for my ears. I always think of Harlequin, Streetheart, and Toronto together. I guess it's roughly the same era when they were at thier hieght back in the late 70's/early '80's.

good Call Joe, maybe a bit too much AOR but I did enjoy them especially because of the show I seen (I was right up at the front of the stage).

I haven't thought of them in years & then a little while ago I referenced them in another post & started to think "Hmmm...I wonder if anyone remembers them???"

joe

Reaction score
Hey rt, remember this Canadian band?

Pompous AOR prog. Cheeze, but good cheeeze.

rtbuck

Reaction score
^^^Wow...I totally forgot about them!!! I never owned an Avalon record(don't know if they made more than one!) but I borrowed Voice of Life from a friend after he played it for me & made a cassette copy of it. I was into it for a few weeks

Rockperson

Reaction score
One of my favourite defunct bands, used to have their albums on vinyl and it took me years to get round to purchasing those albums on cd.

Head On is my personal favourite album of theirs, Holly Woods had a cracking voice. :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I liked Holly Woods myself, but I never bought Toronto's records...not even a compilation CD.:peek

Personally I think that was a terrible band name they picked, lacking in imagination.

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I remember them very well. Here is by far my favorite Toronto song, and one I feel stands up a little better today than some of their other singles. Anyone else like this?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online