Top 10 "hair metal" bands of all time! (according to about.com)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider half of those bands to be "hair bands". I don't have a problem with that title, but I just wouldn't classify them that way. AK brought up Tesla... and I feel the same way about them. They were a straight up rock and roll band, not what I'd call Hair Band at all, and I LOVE Tesla as much as anyone on earth, as well as most of the bands on the list.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I wouldn't consider half of those bands to be "hair bands". I don't have a problem with that title, but I just wouldn't classify them that way. AK brought up Tesla... and I feel the same way about them. They were a straight up rock and roll band, not what I'd call Hair Band at all, and I LOVE Tesla as much as anyone on earth, as well as most of the bands on the list.

:grinthumb :cheers2

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
:omg:

No KISS on the list either or Scorpions or Twisted Sister. This really surprises me!

I would have put Motley Crue as #1, most definitely.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
:omg:

No KISS on the list either or Scorpions or Twisted Sister. This really surprises me!

I would have put Motley Crue as #1, most definitely.

Agreed...I think if there was a king of the genre, it would have to go to Quiet Riot or Crue..and IMO CRUE edges them out a bit on the strength of their hair, tunes, attitude, make up, album art, stage shows...ect.

:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online