Tom Scholz VS Brad Delp

foreverblue

Reaction score
Boston fans know Tom Scholz's history, or most of it. But he is one smart guy, he graduated from MIT with an engineering degree if I remember correctly.

Also he was working for the Polaroid company back in the 70's helping invent new technology for their company, Boston was just a hobby for him.

Anyway after the magic/unexpected success of Boston's debut life changed forever for him. But his strengths that helped make the band successful also doomed them to be among the painfully slowest to release new material, all because Scholz never knew when to stop fussing with a track. It's a damned shame he couldn't let go and hire someone like Mutt Lange to produce their albums.

As far as filing lawsuits go...I hope he loses everyone of them, compared to Brad's desperation that led to his suicide Scholz comes across as beyond self absorbed and petty.

I still love the first two records with Brad singing, to me he was an equal partner to Tom's when it came to the success of the band, take him away and we never hear of Boston beyond the Bruins, Celtics etc...

i've heard lindsey buckingham was very fussy in the studio also, which caused hassles for fleetwood mac

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
i've heard lindsey buckingham was very fussy in the studio also, which caused hassles for fleetwood mac

Didn't know that foreverblue...I kind of lost track of Fleetwood Mac after "Tusk".

I do have "Tango In The Night" now but haven't played it in ages.

On Tusk Lindsey was the driving force, I remember Mick Fleetwood saying he was at his creative best on that album, but even at his worst I don't think he can compare to the perfectionism that Tom Scholz demanded when Boston recorded their songs.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online