Timelines in three songs to The Cult:

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
Oh, I think I get it. Sort of like a progression of wordplay. Ok, I'll give it a try...

Van Morrison --> Sammy Hagar --> Van Hagar

:heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nice to see you in the threads at last KRD...I am not sure what to say about the progression(I suck at these kind of things), but I do have one question,,,is the beer in your Avvy warm or cold?...It might be the most important answer you ever give me in here.:hab:

:heheh:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Southern Death Cult
Main article: Southern Death Cult

The origins of the band can be traced back to 1981, in Bradford, Yorkshire, where vocalist and songwriter Ian Astbury formed a band called Southern Death Cult.The name was chosen with a double meaning, and was derived from the 14th century Native American religion, the Southeastern Ceremonial Complex or Southern Death Cult as it sometimes known, from the Mississippi delta area, but it was also a stab at what the band viewed was the centralisation of power in Southern England (including that of the music industry); there has long been a perceived notion of a North-South divide based on social, historic and economic reasons. Astbury was joined in the band by Buzz Burrows (guitar), Barry Jepson (bass) and Aki Nawaz Qureshi (drums); they performed their first show at the Queen's Hall in their hometown of Bradford on October 29, 1981. The band were at the forefront of a new emerging style of music, in the form of post-punk and gothic rock (then known as positive-punk), they achieved critical acclaim from the press and music fans very early on.
Astbury while in the Southern Death Cult.

The band signed to independent record label Situation Two, an offshoot of Beggars Banquet Records, and released a three-track, triple A-side single, Moya, during this period. They toured through England headlining some shows on their own and also touring with Bauhaus and Theatre of Hate. The band played their final performance in Manchester during February 1983, meaning after only sixteen months the band was over. A compilation under the name The Southern Death Cult was released, this being a collection of the single, radio sessions with John Peel for Radio One and live performances one of which was recorded by an audience member with a tape recorder.

I just chipped in The small write up on Southern Death Cult..
I really have enjoy this bands later releases.. Funny thing is.. Most of the Rocker girls I know who were into this band just think, "Fire Woman" is the ultimate strip song a guy should dance to..:D Ha!! Girls know what they want..
Anyways.. The Cult is a band who I learned to love..
The write up is huge in Wiki..That tells you the band had some balls..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cult
Here's my favorites..

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online