Time Magazine 'Person Of The Year'...

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Well, John wasn't perfect by any means. However, his songs and words moved and inspired many people. Guess I don't see that as being nothing.

However, I have to admit, as a human being Bono stands head and shoulders taller than John Lennon. He's still married to his high school sweetheart and they work together to help the poor and do actual good in the world. He has a good sense of humor about himself and is apparently a lot more personable than John. He does all of this and he's still putting out some incredible music.

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
I hate 'three headed monsters'
it should have been Bono OR the Gates.
I think it's silly to divvy it up.

but, they certainly could have done worse!

Martin Q. Blank

The Happening
Reaction score
newdawnfades said:
He's usually beardless. I think some people just find things to hate.

Yeah. Like when people pick on Michael Moore because he's overweight.

I'm not saying there aren't other things to criticize about Michael, I'm just saying that nine times out of ten I see him dismissed as merely a "fat pig." I think most people can't even think of valid reasons or arguments why they dislike him.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Martin Q. Blank said:
Yeah. Like when people pick on Michael Moore because he's overweight.

I'm not saying there aren't other things to criticize about Michael, I'm just saying that nine times out of ten I see him dismissed as merely a "fat pig." I think most people can't even think of valid reasons or arguments why they dislike him.
Oh come on, he's a communist, haven't you heard? Guess you need to listen to more FOX news and the Limbaugh contingent. ;) LOL

Joey Self

A Voice Of Reason
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: By giving an opinion here, I am in no way saying that TIME Magazine's choice is in the least bit relevent to anything in my life.

And with the disclaimer fully in place, I was ambivilent about the choice. I don't care too much for some of the charities that the Gates' duo support, but recognize that it's their money and they can do with it what they want.

As for Bono, I give him credit for working his issues with cunning savvy. He recognized that hurling rocks at an administration he would not have supported was not going to help his cause. Some might have thought it horrid or hypocritical that he was seen with Bush or Jesse Helms, but being the little boy shaking his fist at the world ultimately accomplishes nothing. I'm not totally sold on his plan to forgive the debts of third world nations; if there is no change in the regime involved, he may be inadvertently aiding those that use famine and AIDS as weapons against the populace. But I can't help but marvel as his approach to getting what he wants.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,669223,00.html

Music Wench said:
Oh come on, he's a communist, haven't you heard? Guess you need to listen to more FOX news and the Limbaugh contingent. ;) LOL

Speaking of Limbaugh, that's another one that was attacked on his physical appearance--weight, again--for a long time.

newdawnfades

Reaction score
Whether you care for the charities he supports, it STILL does alot of good, and that is what's important. I have a hard time finding the 'agenda' in putting down $900 million to help rid the world of TB.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Joey Self said:
Speaking of Limbaugh, that's another one that was attacked on his physical appearance--weight, again--for a long time.
Yea and he and Michael Moore have so many other things wrong with them it's really not relevant what they look like. ;)

And I agree with NDF's last post.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online