Time Magazine 'Person Of The Year'...

newdawnfades

Reaction score
is Bono! This prize is well deserved. I wonder if this makes him more or less pretentious to his critics.

Bill and Melinda Gates are also a good choice. They've pumped hundreds of millions into causes around the world. Bill has given tens of millions to the college where I work, keeping it one of the top research universities in the country. Glad ole Bill made his home here in Washington State.

What do you think?

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1140301,00.html

poy2005c.jpg

Last edited:

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Most deserved recognition IMO. I've always admired Bill Gates and his wife and the work they've done. I also admire Bono and his wife for the work they've done to help the poverty stricken in third world countries to help themselves.

Unlike those who are admittedly ignorant (and who apparently want to remain that way) of Bono and who criticize based on their assumptions of him, I think he's really walked the walk. Bill Gates even had his doubts about Bono until he actually met him. Once he did he realized Bono was not just another pretty boy rock star. Here's an article I read earlier today.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051218/bs_nm/time_dc

So, to all those who hate Bono, read up on him before you start in on him or don't get pissed when I call you on it. ;)

eccentric man

Reaction score
i'm not saying bono isn't deserving of the accolade's. i just can't stand him. there's just something about his stupid raver glasses and the miami vice beard that just ****** me off. hehehehe

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
eccentric man said:
i'm not saying bono isn't deserving of the accolade's. i just can't stand him. there's just something about his stupid raver glasses and the miami vice beard that just ****** me off. hehehehe

see, it's alllll a matter of perspective.

you can't stand him... and i want him to sit on my lap.

...different strokes. ;)

algernon

Reaction score
Never been a celeb who used his celebrity to accomplish so much good. Contrast him with John Lennon, who did alot of vague talk about peace on earth , but didn't expend any energy. If Lennon were alive I wonder if he would be just a little bit jealous of Bono?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernandoRu

Staff online