Tim McGraw (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: "The Official" Tim McGraw Thread

^^Not every metal band wears leather and studs...but the majority seem to think it does make them more metal. I don't care one way or the other, I listen to the music not watch videos generally so they could be buck nekkid and wouldn't affect what I thought of the song...:grinthumb

It's just refreshing when a country artist performs without a hat, at least I think so.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Re: "The Official" Tim McGraw Thread

^^^ I get what you're saying. It's almost like they're trying to reiterate the fact that they are country with the cowboy hats and buckles and boots. We get it guys! :rolleyes: :heheh:

I like how country ladies dress though. Always classy!

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I've only given Tim's new album one good listen through so far so I'm a little iffy on it. I've heard fans think it's too much of a depart from his usual style but there were a couple of tracks that stood out to me. My only gripe so far is I really love his collaborations with Faith and that's the only thing that was really lacking with this one for me. She is featured on "One Part, Two Part" but I really love their more heartfelt tunes like "I Need You" so something along those lines would have made the new album extra special. Even in song I feel they have an incredible synergy that is easily heard in their music.

The first one I took a liking to is actually the very first song from the album, Halo.

The other is I Will Not Fall Down, cowritten by Martina McBride and a few others. I love Martina! Anyway, this song is very moving!

Here's the Faith/Tim song, One Part, Two Part. Your usual little country ditty and as usual they work well together. :)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I've only given Tim's new album one good listen through so far so I'm a little iffy on it. I've heard fans think it's too much of a depart from his usual style but there were a couple of tracks that stood out to me. My only gripe so far is I really love his collaborations with Faith and that's the only thing that was really lacking with this one for me. She is featured on "One Part, Two Part" but I really love their more heartfelt tunes like "I Need You" so something along those lines would have made the new album extra special. Even in song I feel they have an incredible synergy that is easily heard in their music.

The first one I took a liking to is actually the very first song from the album, Halo.

The other is I Will Not Fall Down, cowritten by Martina McBride and a few others. I love Martina! Anyway, this song is very moving!

Here's the Faith/Tim song, One Part, Two Part. Your usual little country ditty and as usual they work well together. :)

I like the new album boo, and I heard he had some disagreements with the record company over this but he likes it a lot himself. i think the problem was that it was a little too outside the box but Hell it's not like he went all Chris gaines on them. Personally I like halo and the guitars are pretty rockin' on it specifically towards the end! :grinthumb

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
So you noticed the guitar element too. I thought I was alone on that.

Also, could be the collaboration with Ne-Yo on the album. I wasn't a fan of it. It took me a long time to come around when he teamed up with Nelly.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
So does anyone like Tim and Def Leppard together???

Nine Lives

It's not bad. I prefer them separate. But I guess some artists try to appeal to everyone. Def is one of my favorites. I also have a couple of Tim McGraw CD's. Tim seems to try to delve into a few different things...including acting (he's not bad either). He did that song with Nelly too that was pretty good.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Tim McGraw is a really good guy!

He has launched a nationwide program to benefit wounded/disabled soldiers & veterans called Operation Homefront. At his concerts this summer, they will be giving away 25 homes to these soldiers, free of charge.

Read more at Tim McGraw Latest News

Tim_McGraw_Gives_25_Homes_To_Vets.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online