How did I forget this one? :bonk:

Watch The Wind Blow By

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: "The Official" Tim McGraw Thread

Let's get his absolute "must have" best album rec's from you "Country Hicks"...:peek

:grinthumb

I guess I will step up to be the hillbilly hick and make a recommendation:

An absolute must have album is the Debut "Tim McGraw" and next on my list would be "Everywhere" followed by "Not a Moment Too Soon".

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

My first real exposure to Tim McGraw came when he released Don't Take The Girl. A song that kinda/sorta hit home to a minor extent because the wife was pregant with our first at the time. The whole growing up and getting married to your childhood sweetheart part of the song wasn't in the equation, but the pregancy and delivery complications towards the end of the song kinda tugged at me.

Don't Take The Girl

One of the songs I was going to list in my OP but I figured it'd be a good song to save for others. It was the first song I heard from him ever and one of the first times in a long time I'd gotten into Country as something I'd seriously listen to. :grinthumb

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

Yeah, it's definitely a good tune. Not any sort of incredible songwriting, or even delivery. But you can (well I can) hear in his voice the tone when it gets serious in delivery and just the overall story is touching.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Yeah, it's definitely a good tune. Not any sort of incredible songwriting, or even delivery. But you can (well I can) hear in his voice the tone when it gets serious in delivery and just the overall story is touching.

Exactly, I find the simplest, universal stories can be the best songwriting and definitely the right delivery of emotion can make a simple song powerful. :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I guess I will step up to be the hillbilly hick and make a recommendation:

An absolute must have album is the Debut "Tim McGraw" and next on my list would be "Everywhere" followed by "Not a Moment Too Soon".

I see yer goin' back to yer roots...:D

Thanks for the recommendations Magic, the rest of the crew in here were busy playing tag.;)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

mcgraw_hill.jpg

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

LG, Tim is one of those artist where the three greatest hits comps are all I need. Most country artist aren't album artist for me but release a lot of songs I like! :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I can see that Sooty, but I like to at least check out what the fans think is the strongest stand alone record too.

There is one thing I do wish would change though, that guys like Tim and George Strait would get rid of their cowboy hats. Some of the greatest country music legends in history didn't need a cowboy hat to make them feel country. Just a personal observation, no offense to the fans who love their country boys to wear the proper hat.;)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I happen to like the cowboy hats, LG. Those hats are a signature thing for country music, even for the ladies..........Kinda like leather and studds are signature to metal music :grinthumb

I think he looks sexy !!

timmain_black.jpg

Willie says he ain't givin' up his doo wrap and cowboy hat!! :heheh:

WillieNelson.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online