Tim McGraw Official Website

Albums:

Tim McGraw (1993)
Not a Moment Too Soon (1994)
All I Want (1995)
Everywhere (1997)
A Place in the Sun (1999)
Set This Circus Down (2001)
Tim McGraw and the Dancehall Doctors (2002)
Live Like You Were Dying (2004)
Let It Go (2007)
Southern Voice (2009)
Emotional Traffic (2012)

I noticed we don't have a ton of Country threads here but Hell, I like my fair share of Country and I have a feeling there's more fans of the genre here than you might think. Tim has had a VERY successful career and I think he's one of the most talented, balanced songwriters in the genre. He's so good he's one of those artist responsible for the crossover in appeal but he's done it without going to far in the Country Pop direction IMO. Tim's one of those artist that you get why they are big and don't really see any reason he shouldn't be. He seems like a real nice, genuine person, instrumentally proficient and has a knack for writing songs that appeal to a broad range. If you are fan feel free to show your appreciation here!

Some great Tim McGraw classics:

Some great Country Power Ballads

Some of his more upbeat singles:

So those are a smattering! Feel free to continue the threads with your own point of view on this artist whether a fan or not! :grinthumb

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: "The Official" Tim McGraw Thread

I love Tim McGraw! He has become quite the budding actor, too. He did a super job in "Blind Side".

Tim can write some of the most heartfelt songs, which is typical of a lot of country artists, but Tim has something special that others don't have. Here are a couple of my favorites:

Live Like You Were Dying

She's My Kind of Rain

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I agree Magic! He was really good in Blindside! I almost didn't even recognize him as Tim McGraw which is a great sign of a musician being a good actor! :grinthumb

Good picks for songs! I left "Live Like You Were Dying" off on purpose as I was sure someone would like that particular one themselves! :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I actually don't mind Tim McGraw either, good husband and father, character guy who treats his peers with class and his music is good too.

Let's get his absolute "must have" best album rec's from you "Country Hicks"...:peek

:grinthumb

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

Great thread Sooty! Though I must admit I thought I'd never see the likes of it on here. :heheh:

Always one of my favorites. If you didn't know Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are married, you'd definitely feel it through their chemistry!

I Need You

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

My first real exposure to Tim McGraw came when he released Don't Take The Girl. A song that kinda/sorta hit home to a minor extent because the wife was pregant with our first at the time. The whole growing up and getting married to your childhood sweetheart part of the song wasn't in the equation, but the pregancy and delivery complications towards the end of the song kinda tugged at me.

Don't Take the Girl

Lynch

Reaction score

I actually don't mind Tim McGraw either, good husband and father, character guy who treats his peers with class and his music is good too.

Let's get his absolute "must have" best album rec's from you "Country Hicks"...:peek

:grinthumb

Indeed, the guy is supposedly a great dad and husband. I don't think I've ever read or heard a bad word about him or his character.

A must have? Indian Outlaw!

He got a bunch of shit for it when it came out, as we (society) was really starting to vamp up the whole bullshit "political correctness" bandwagons. It also borrows a little bit of "Indian Reservation" made popular by Paul Revere and the Raiders (era 1970 or so).

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

American Soldier always made me tear up. My mom went back into the military back in '02 and was in Iraq a couple of times and the video hit home for me and I always worried about her over there. It's way better than any of that rootin' tootin' "America kicks ass" bull crap Toby Keith put out to stick it to the Dixie Chicks.

Live Like You Were Dying came out my senior year and it was THE song. I remember we had a teacher that would play country music while we worked on our computers and whenever that song came on we'd all sing along to it, even the emo kids. :heheh:

One of his best, about truly loving someone even if it means they're happy with someone else:

Just To See You Smile

And who could forget...

I Like It, I Love It

It's been so long since I've been into country music. I think all those years before Zeppelin came into my life that I loved country were some of the fondest memories of my life and symbolic of my childhood. Carefree country music in rural Michigan. :grinthumb

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

P.S. Dammit, Sooty... I just now turned off Steve Miller Band to listen to country music because of your thread.

FAIL! :D

Lynch

Reaction score

Great thread Sooty! Though I must admit I thought I'd never see the likes of it on here. :heheh:

Always one of my favorites. If you didn't know Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are married, you'd definitely feel it through their chemistry!

Another great tune / duet by them is It's Your Love

I think there are two versions of this. The duet version and one where she's does the whole song solo (but can't remember and I don't feel like looking it up right now)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online