1970: Naturally
1971: Harmony
1972: Seven Separate Fools
1973: Cyan
1974: Hard Labor
1975: Coming Down Your Way
1976: American Pastime
1983: It's a Jungle

From 1969-1974, nobody had more Top 10 hits, moved more records, or sold more concert tickets. In 2009 THREE DOG NIGHT continues to top the list of artists with the best Billboard Top 100 Chart average!

During this period Three Dog Night was undoubtedly the most popular band in America with twenty-one consecutive Top 40 hits and twelve straight gold LPs. By late '75, they had sold nearly 50 million records.

The show goes on... Since 1986, Three Dog Night has toured extensively. Their records continue to sell in great numbers and they receive regular airplay on radio stations around the world. :cheers:

p_23.jpg

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: 3 dog night

I think it is fantastic when old classic rocker's still tour and are able to put on killer concerts.

I especially like the recording with the London Symphony Orchestra. This wasn't recorded live, but took some of the 3DN songs and added a new recording with the orchestra in the studio:

518H89Z526L._SS500_.jpg

This was a comeback album, of sorts. It was the first album they put out after their 20 year long hiatus.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I only have their greatest hits, but I loved my old vinyl copy of Harmony...when I play their songs I feel so nostalgic.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

When I was younger, one of my fave songs was "Mama Told me Not to Come".....and when we would go places we weren't suppose to go, like a party....we would always sing this song :grinthumb

rtbuck

Reaction score

I always enjoyed the entire 'Naturally' album & the Live album from the early 70's which my sister used to have.One of my favorite stories is the one where Chuck Negron was on one of his "Coke" binges & had a medical problem with his "member" which was...hmm I don't know how to say what was wrong but it lasted for days until it literally blew up! I actually heard this story on an interview with him

Reaction score

Oh my....^^

I like the hits, not much else, actually no scratch that, I like the hits, but will listen to any of their music I guess.... not my favorite, but no objections if it is played

I really love "Shambala"(or however you spell it?...) though., that songs really cool

Last edited:

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score

I immediately think of "Jeremiah was a bullfrog! dun dun dun! He was a good friend of mine!" :lmao:
I also immediately think of an episode of that Intervention show, where the son of one of the lead singers was a heroin addict and stuff. Compelling stuff.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

A Three Dog Night Thread?? GREAT!! Love 'em!!!

I admire all of their work then and now!! Thumper that clip you posted? Great DVD!!

Great song here!!

One of my favorite LIVE albums!!

51HDV3HMKYL._SS500_.jpg

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I don't think I've heard a song by these guys that I didn't. Here's a good one that hasn't been posted yet!

Three Dog Night-One

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online