Thrash Metal Albums

Which of these Thrash Metal albums do you prefer?

• Anthrax - Among The Living

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Exodus - Bonded By Blood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kreator - Pleasure To Kill

• Megadeath - Rust In Peace

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Metallica - Metallica

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Overkill - Horrorscope

• Pantera - Vulgar Display Of Power

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Slayer - Reign In Blood

• Sodom - Agent Orange

• Testament - The Gathering

• Total voters

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Metallica, simply based on the fact I listen to it more than any of the others' in the poll.

Thrash or not for my money it's probably the best album Metallica ever released, and even though diehard fanatics hate it being called thrash, it did more than any other record of it's time to keep metal alive in the mainstream and for that it rates as one of the most important releases in metal period.

As Rattlehead already knows a little thrash goes a long way for me, I find it really repetitive at times especially Slayer...although I do like a couple of their records.
Slayer are an interesting band in terms of perception because I at times find them unbearable to listen to also. I like their good albums (diehards won't admit it but yes Slayer have released some shit as well) but I tend to lean towards other bands with more tolerable vocals.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Slayer are an interesting band in terms of perception because I at times find them unbearable to listen to also. I like their good albums (diehards won't admit it but yes Slayer have released some shit as well) but I tend to lean towards other bands with more tolerable vocals.

The deal breaker for me is having to pick up the album to see if it is a new track...when they all sound the same is when I give up on them. I can't remember what album it was I played years ago but it sounded like a 50 minute track to me.:nw:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And Metallica's Black album is NOT thrash. lol

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom