Thousand Foot Krutch

hairmetalmusic.com

www.hairmetalmusic.com
Reaction score
This is our review from our music website/facebook page.
The Best and worst hair band music from 80s hair metal bands
www.facebook.com/hairmetalmusic

Is Thousand Foot Krutch’s Oxygen the best rock album of 2014?

Thousand Foot Krutch doesn’t really fall into the hair metal category of rock music. But this CD is so incredibly strong that I wanted to turn our fans on to an album that they might not have heard about. And in all reality, we aren’t straying too much as Oxygen sounds like it could be a 1990 Bon Jovi or Motley Crue album. It’s that good.
Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch

History

Don’t let the fact that TFK is a Canadian Christian based rock band throw you. These guys flat out rock in every aspect of the word. Check out Move from their 2005 album The Art of Breaking Even to get a feel for how much these guys tear it up. Move was a top 15 Billboard hit.

TFK has released eight studio albums, won multiple Canadian Covenant awards, been nominated for five Juno awards, had several top 40 Billboard hits, and had their songs played at major professional sporting events – including during Detroit Red Wings games, NFL Monday Night Football broadcasts, during Nascar races, and have had their music featured in places like EA video games and the recent G.I. Joe major motion picture.

The band was created by vocalist/guitar player Trevor McNevan in 1995, and currently includes bass player Joel Bruyere and drummer Steve Augustine.

TFK self-released their last albums using fan support to fund them. The End is Where We Begin debuted at #5 on Itunes and #1 in Canada. This year’s Oxygen was a top 10 rock smash on Billboard.

Oxygen

We haven’t listened to every rock album released in 2014, we’ll do that before our end of the year. But for now, we have put Oxygen right at the top of the list. Oxygen has heavy metal style kick-your teeth out, hair band anthems, and several heart-tugging ballads. From top to bottom, Oxygen is just about the perfect rock album (especially if you love power ballads).

Like a Machine – A
Killer punch to the mouth rocker to start off the album. No frills, no keyboards, just straight old-fashion hard rock. I’ve heard people compare Like a Machine to a Linkin Park song (when Linkin Park was good).

Untraveled Road – A
Another smooth rock-n-rap metal mix. Almost sounds like two different songs mixed together. Ten years ago this would have been a top 10 rock song.

Born This Way – A
One of the most interesting songs TFK has ever done. A rock-blues number that shows how amazingly talented and diverse the band is. This is a really cool song. Maybe our favorite song on the album.

Set Me on Fire – B
After three hard rockers, Set Me on Fire sounds more like older TFK. More of a softer pop-rock type song. Decent enough song.

Give It to Me – B
Love the heavy chorus. Just an old fashion dirty rocker to the core.

I See Red - A
We absolutely love this song. Great lyrics, great crunchy beat, fantastic vocals. A definite highlight. The second chorus is masterful.

Light Up – B
Ballad time. McNevan’s voice is full of soul and emotion.

In My Room – C
Solid mid-range song. Your gf might like this one more than you do.

Oxygen - C
Great lyrics, great vocals. Pretty good ballad.

Glow - A
A perfect album ending song. The best ballad on Oxygen, sounds like a better version of a Maroon Five song.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online